“Easily the most professional/accommodating dive company I have gone underwater with!”

Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak. With easy access to the renowned Similan Islands on our state-of-the-art catamaran in only 2 hours, maximise your safety, comfort and service. Or join one of our liveaboard trips and dive Richelieu Rock, Surin Islands, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. Sea Bees Diving - Adventure in good hands
NSW
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am a fair weather PADI DM and have seen my fair share of dive operators, some good, some not so.

Sea Bees redefines the good for me and for a number of reasons:

1. Selling: The least pushy representative in the local Khao Lak; Pascal. Couldn't be more accommodating, took a good 20 minutes to guide me through the best sites and the best options for my requested 3 days diving. No pressure techniques, just great customer service.

2. Charging: Sea Bees have a great setup, designed to get you the best package... AT THE END OF YOUR DIVING. no need to pre plan what you can do, take it easy, enjoy the diving, do as much as the better half will allow, and at the end of it all they will work out the best package to save your hard earned cash.

3. The boats: The catamaran is very impressive!!! Almost as fast as a local speedboat, takes 20 odd in complete comfort and is fantastically equipped. The smaller Runaway is charming! We had 9 on it for 2 wreck dives and it was a pleasure to dive off. Towels and water were always available, as was a free supply of fizzy drinks. As per nearly every dive boat I've been on, they served fried chicken at lunch, which was of course delicious. In addition the sweet sticky rice in banana leaves was worth the cost alone!!!!

4. Handling Equipment: I was told Sea Bees would happily manage my equipment. It was left in a crate, on board when I arrived in the morning and even cleaned in fresh water each night, very nice to not have to lug it about everywhere.

5. The People: The personelle are equally as professional as the company, respectful of the environment (as they should be), of the boat staff and ultimately of their guests.

6. The Diving: Conditions were tough on the first day, a bit of current and no Mantas :( Koh Bon was pretty busy too which probably didn't help, not our boat but the many liveaboards that turned up. The coral is pretty great to my surprise, especially on the wall at the site, so definitely worth while even without the magic carpets. Day 2 was on 2 wrecks, a small intimate group on Nitrox to extend the bottom time. Visibility was not super but added to the mystery, a tonne of fish and I even spotted a few Scorpion Fish (I am rubbish at spotting fauna).

7. Cost: Sea Bees are definitely not a cheap local dive company and in this case the old saying definitely comes to mind: "You get what you pay for". If you want cheap, go somewhere else. If you want value for money, with a responsible, hard working dive operator with great staff and great boats, that makes diving super easy and cares about your wellbeing and that of the environment you dive in; then my recommendation would be Sea Bees!

5 Thank RenaiNeeves
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience
with us in Khao Lak and in such detail! Comments such as yours help us to maintain our levels in all areas so we really welcomed your input.
Our aim is to provide our guests with the best service both above and under
the water - you can't have one without the other We are really pleased to hear that we met your expectations and we know that by trying harder, it always pays back, which for us is the other side of 'you get what you pay for'?
We also know that by having our own fleet, we can control standards a lot better - this makes a fundamental difference to our service as well.
We very much hope to welcome you back to Khao Lak again and we will have some sticky rice waiting for you! And we also hope you had a Happy Easter...
Your Sea Bees Diving Team

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Huntsville, Alabama
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Amazing, safe and friendly guides...can't ask for more!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I'll start with the good stuff first. I've got about 100+ warm water dives, and am pretty comfortable underwater. I somehow convinced my girlfriend that she wants to live on a boat for 3 days. We did the Similian Islands boat Liveaboard on the Genesis, with our Pam as tour leader and Beat as guide. We couldn't have asked for better people to be around. I honestly believe the guides make the trip worth while, and they were professional, friendly, and outgoing above water, and amazing underwater. Respectful to the environment, and able to spot so many things for us. Thank you Sea Bees and Pam and Beat for such a wonderful experience!

Bad stuff...there really isn't any. So there it is. =)

Visited March 2012
3 Thank PinkPanda1812
Dear Pink Panda,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us and for not starting with the bad stuff!
We're pleased you enjoyed your time on Genesis and that Pho.... enjoyed living on a boat as well as our "other" services; with pleasure I will pass on your compliments to Pam and Beat who have asked me to say "Hi!" in return.
We all hope to see you soon again in Khao Lak. Happy diving!
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good service but very expensive”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I went to the Similan Islands with Sea Bees and I had a great day. Unfortunately the fast boat Sea Bees is normally using was out of order so we had to take a very slow boat to the Islands which took 3 hours. In my opinion that is far too long to go to a not very special dive site. I was lucky was I had booked a Nitrox course that day so I was busy ready the book and doing my exam on the way back from the divesite. The Boat was good and staff was very helpful and friendly. Sea Bees provided breakfast, lunch and a snack after our second dive. I never had so much good food on a dive trip before. Food was excellent. My dive instructor was good too, he was very patient with me explaining the Nitrox dive to me (I have passed the exam). My first dive was a refresher and wasn't great at all. The 2nd dive was better but still not as amazing as I had hoped.
I can recommend going with Sea Bees - but be aware, prices are the highest I have ever paid for for a speciality course and 2 dives, also I would choose an other dive site than the Similan Islands. It was too busy with divers and snorkellers and there want as much to see.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Barbara H
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Barbara, thank you for the feedback.
Unfortunately, all boats have the occasional hiccough and our Stingray had an engineering problem in the time you stayed in Khao Lak, To service our guests in the best possible way we had to bring up one of our vessels based in Phuket to replace our catamaran. This boat is not as fast as Stingray but reaches the Similans at the same speed as other dive operators. We are pleased that the food, service and a patient instructor helped to compensate for this though.
Please accept our apologies for this disruption and we would love to see you again in November, beginning of December or after the Easter Holidays when it is not so busy.
Seattle, Washington
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Could be great...”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My family and I were in Khao Lak for a few nights, just after our stay on Phi Phi Island. My dives with Sea Bees Phi Phi were awesome, so I stayed with Sea Bees in Khao Lak.

My one day of diving was to limited to Koh Bon as I wanted to see my first Manta Ray. While the boat and crew were professional, there were two nagging issues that really got to me.

First were the tanks (I had my own gear). The first tank had only 61 Bar. Sure, they changed it, but the new tank had only 191 bar. The second dive tank had only 194 bar. This this is not huge, it is a clear lack of detail on their side. My dive buddy for the day had the same and was equally irritated.

The second issue was, while I am estimating the number, there were about 40 to 50 divers that jumped in the water from the same boat. It was no wonder, we're did not see any Manta, nor anything beyond the typical reef fish. Everywhere I looked under water, we're groups of divers. The crew tried to explain there were too many boats diving the area now a days, but I saw only 2 other boats and both seemed to have about 10 divers max.

I think Sea Bees need to realize that this type of diving reduces the pleasures for the experienced divers and is also has a negative impact on the local sites.

Being a part of a mass group took a lot of the fun out of the dives.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank David_Praha
Holger S, Manager at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experiences with us.
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your diving at Phi Phi Island and enjoyed the professionalism of our staff and our unique boat in Khao Lak.

Thanks to your and also other divers’ remarks already on the boat on that day, a slight technical problem at one of your compressors could get fixed still on the same day. Sorry for any inconvenience this might caused.

Nature isn’t predictable and even though it’s the season now for the Manta Rays around Koh Bon Island – this is why many divers are frequenting the spot in this period – we can’t guarantee encountering them. By the way, Manta Rays are very curious and playful animals, not afraid at all of groups of divers in the water. Still there’s always quite a portion of luck needed to see one of these amazing creatures.
I hope we can show you some of this amazing creatures at your next visit.

Greetings from Khao Lak

Your Sea Bees Diving team
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Professional through-and-through”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This a definitely a very professional operator. Everything is well organised, there's focus on safety and there's still a nice atmosphere. Their day boat to Similans is awesome and the food they serve is delicious. Great staff and crew as well. They are more expensive than competition, but they do offer a very good product - as long as you don't have to pay for rental gear (that's really expensive)

Visited December 2011
2 Thank caribemarine
Thank you for your review, which we appreciate. Safety and service is of paramount importance but we're glad you liked the food too! We will also take your comment regarding equipment rental into consideration and hope that one day, we can welcome you back on board.