“Professional through-and-through”

Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak. With easy access to the renowned Similan Islands on our state-of-the-art catamaran in only 2 hours, maximise your safety, comfort and service. Or join one of our liveaboard trips and dive Richelieu Rock, Surin Islands, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. Sea Bees Diving - Adventure in good hands
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This a definitely a very professional operator. Everything is well organised, there's focus on safety and there's still a nice atmosphere. Their day boat to Similans is awesome and the food they serve is delicious. Great staff and crew as well. They are more expensive than competition, but they do offer a very good product - as long as you don't have to pay for rental gear (that's really expensive)

2  Thank caribemarine
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for your review, which we appreciate. Safety and service is of paramount importance but we're glad you liked the food too! We will also take your comment regarding equipment rental into consideration and hope that one day, we can welcome you back on board.

There are newer reviews for Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We arrange our dive trip (one day) through Le Meridien Khao Lak and were impressed with Sea Bees from the beginning.
The dives were expensive (about $230 per person to the Similans) but well organised and as relatively new divers, we were very comfortable with them.
Our instructor (Andrea) was great and walked us through the process of getting together our gear and briefing us before each dive.
As mentioned in some of the reviews one of the sites we visited was basically of dead coral, which was uninteresting. The second dive (island 5, I think) was much more interesting, with some beautiful rock formations and coral.
I would recommend Sea Bees again - but I think I'd check with them before hand on the nature of coral in the area.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment. As relatively new divers, we are pleased that you found the experience a positive one and that Andrea was so helpful. With respect to the coral, the bleaching of two years ago has meant that some areas are slower in their recovery but the prognosis is looking good and the effects of La Nina these last two years have helped in the recovery process. We hope that you will be able to take advantage of our service again in the future and hope that you have some great dives in the meantime.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I have done nearly 200 dives and in our own opinion are already very experienced divers due to the previous dives we have logged and the frequency we dive - normally 3 full holidays a year and at least 15 dives on each trip.

I chose Sea Bees after checking out many different companies - there is a huge range of choice and making a choice was difficult, but I chose Sea Bees due to the fact that we didn't want a liveabord (although now convinced my husband we should try one next time) and the journey time from Khao Lak was 2 hours - it had to be comfortabe and stable - hubby gets sea sick and I was pleased to learn that Sea Bees give out free anti sickness pills as they know when it will be rough.

The Stingray is a great boat. Famliy days area a negative - too many people, lots of people chattering constantly and hard to find a seat, so if you want a quieter time, don't go on the family days and it will be much more peaceful.

We booked an 8 day package in advance and were rewarded with a discount, which certainly helped, but our total for the 8 days with nitrox for me and 15l tanks for my husband was nearly £1700! A huge amount and we've never been charged that much before.

That said, you get what you pay for - a quality boat that is stable as well as fast, a great team of diving instructors and divemasters to guide you around the Similans, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack and as many soft drinks you can consume and a dry towel.

Also, the cheaper companies pack more onto speedboats where there is no room to spread out or relax and no place to sit quietly. Also, if the sea if rough, the speed boats can't get to the Similans - we saw them turn around and head back to port!

Our guide was Toey, a Thai man who is a quiet person on land and doesn't interact much, but if you pursue chatting with him about what he enjoys, which is underwater photography and finding the smallest of creatures with his hawk eyes you will find him really helpful! He often pointed out the really little nudibranchs which were just 3mm long and helped me learn more about my camera functions - priceless!

Other than the deep dive to MV Sea Chart which was 40 minutes, all the other dives were 60 minutes and with just 1 or 2 people joining my husband and I, was a nice small group to dive with.

If you are looking to see lots of big fish, you shouldn't dive the Similans in December as the chances of seeing sharks and mantas is rare, so come later - ie February to March.

If you love the small stuff, like nudibranchs, octopus, crab, lobster, manta shrimp, cleaner shrimp, morays, scorpion fish, sting rays, jack fish, barracuda, thousands of christmas tree worms and all the usual reef suspects, them I recommend the Similans and to dive with Sea Bees.

Thanks to Mathias, Toey and Cato - you made our trip very enjoyable!

Happy to answer any questions.

Victoria

Thank you for your extensive comment - considering the type of package you took up, we appreciate your feedback on our service, boat and team. We know that diving in small groups makes a big difference on safety but also on what you get to see underwater, no matter what the size. We hope that you will be able to put Toey's camera advice to good use wherever you dive next but we also hope that you can show Toey up one day with your collection of photos, perhaps from February onwards when the larger pelagics come to visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife and I booked a three day live aboard in the Similan Islands through Sea Bees in mid-December. We've been living in Thailand for almost a year and done a lot of travelling, but this was by far the best experience we've had.

Our three days aboard the Genesis were excellent - clean cabins, plentiful snacks and drinks, and three great (and enormous) meals, not to mention a very helpful crew.

Our dive masters, Pam and Alex, were a lot of fun and very knowledgeable about the dive sites and marine life, and despite some of the coral bleaching, the Similans are still a great place to dive, with a rich variety of fish life, good visibility and calm waters. From speaking to friends about their experiences with different dive companies in Phuket, Sea Bees really seems to be the best - safe, reliable, good equipment and a good attitude to customers, whether you're an old hand or a newbie to diving. We'll definitely be back.

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Many thanks for this great review!
We will do everything to make your next liveaboard trip with us as pleasant and comfortable as the previous one. See you again in Thailand.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I used sea bees after they came to my hotel, La Flora in Khao Lak.

I had previously done 1/2 of my open water exam 5 years ago in Africa and wanted to complete the course.

The crew were all excellent and my instructor, an Itallian called Andrea, put me at ease straight away. The company have their own instructor pool which was quiet and allowed me to go back through the stuff I had learnt previously. Suffice to say I passed the exam with 49/50.

The open water dives took place on the Similian islands, a 2 hr boat trip on their catamaran. Seeing the quality of this boat compared with the other dive companies making the crossing was a world of difference and the Thai staff on board were top class. 3 full freshly cooked meals (all excellent) and as many soft drinks as you wanted. The boat was cleaned fully during each dive and was spotless each time we surfaced.

Whilst there may be slightly cheaper dive cos around I think the small premium you pay for Sea Bees is well justified given the extra quality and care they give.

Top marks.

It is nice to hear that you had fun completing your Open Water Diver course with us. We hope you will have as much fun diving in the future as you had as a student. Completing the course with us means, you will get rental equipment free of charge every time you dive with us.
Hope to see you again soon!