This will be our sixth or seventh visit to the JW Marriott Khao Lac from when it first became a Marriott hotel a few years ago. Living in Bangkok we have a lot of choices and have been to most of the local islands so why do we come back here? We love the flat walking beach, birds and lakes and often wave less sea, the great swimming pools and the excellent food on offer at the coffee shop/deli for lunch and the great breakfast with plenty of choice and the evening dinner outside with excellent Indian options.
Yes its a bit of a hike up from Phuket airport but believe me unless you really want the noise and mess of most of Phuket you will do better to seek out a bit of what Thailand is all about. Don't stay in the hotel all the time, try to get to some of the fine inexpensive sea food restaurants in the little town and use the shuttle service-well worth it.
All in all we will be back in November and as usual the staff will be kind, attentive and make us feel very welcome as they have done on every visit. It is clear to see that staff training is ongoing and now reaches excellent levels, and if there is the odd misunderstanding then you try learning Thai and you can then forgive any errors.
This is a great choice and we travel a lot in Thailand and around Asia, either hire a car in the airport and drive ( carefully ) yourself or request the van pick up so that you can relax all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort