I stayed here for 3 nights and was overall very pleased with the experience. This is a large resort with a lovely meandering pool situated on a long quiet palm fringed beach. Service was generally excellent and I felt the staff to be generally hospitable and eager to please. The resort is exceptionally well maintained thanks to a veritable army of gardeners and pool cleaners. I stayed in both a pool view and pool access room- I found the pool access to be surprisingly handy and enjoyed being able to go straight from the balcony into the pool (probably worth paying extra for upgrade). The interior of the room was essentially the same and these were pretty stylish with nice Thai touches and very comfortable beds.
I ate in the Thai restaurant and ordered room service one night. Food in the restaurant was pretty average but my green prawn curry from room service was great- not sure if they come from the same kitchen. The restaurant was pretty expensive by Thai standards but still reasonable value. I enjoyed the breakfast but would recommend going early to avoid the rush.
I think it would be hard not to enjoy the resort but I think this would be particularly good for young families due to the kid's club, watersports and the pool. Personally, I would prefer it if there were a few areas reserved for adults (such as the bars, which strangely always seemed to have children around).
There were a few glitches along the way (check-in, check-out, baggage etc.) but what impressed me was the professionalism with which it was dealt with by Irina- thank you very much for this. There is a lesson to be learned here by the JW Marriott, London which has serious shortcomings in this regard.
Overall, it's a lovely property with good service from helpful and friendly staff in a nice location. A little more focus on check-in/out experience and some more adult areas and this would be near perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort