All reviews spices restaurant oceanside room pool access soft opening modern design fridge freezer outdoor bath sea view beach bar sister hotel bang niang market highly recommend this hotel night market rooms are huge happy hour stunning hotel hotel facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

What an amazing hotel with amazing staff.
We stayed here from 18th April - 6th May and I can honestly say I could not fault one thing during our stay. On arrival we received a cold towel and a refreshing drink before been taken to our room - 3225.

The room was very spacious with a shower and a bath on the balcony.

Even though we arrived at 10pm we were still able to order room service which was delicious, highly recommend their pizzas!

The breakfast was amazing with a wide selection, catering for all nationalities.
Eggs, crispy bacon, omelette, cheeses, salad, fruits, pastries, breads, waffles, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, noodles etc...

All the onsite restaurants were lovely. The cotton cafe did gorgeous cakes and milkshakes.

Our favourite pool was miners bar (adult only) due to being a beach view and the bar very close by! Make sure you stick around for happy hour, gin fizz is lovely and refreshing!

The beach bar was our go to for lunch time most days, where most days we were greeted by either Sarah or Ked... (who may I just say are so lovely and great to have a laugh with)

The hotel was very clean and the staff could not do enough to make sure your stay was perfect. I really enjoyed our stay at la Vela and I am missing it already.

We hope to come back at some point.

I would just like to say a special thank you to Film, James, Packy, Sarah and especially Ked who made our stay at La Vela the more enjoyable.

From Sophie, Ryan(Driver) , Rachel & Barry

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sophielarrigan
lavelakhaolak, Resident Manager at La Vela Khao Lak, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Dear Sophielarrigan,

Thank you so much for having chosen La Vela Khaolak for your time away.

We are delighted that you most enjoyed your time with us and value your feed back.

See you again soon for more amazing times.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel! We stayed here 4 nights. The jacuzzi outside the room is really big. Our room had a partial sea view, mostly of the river next to the resort but could see the sea. It was quiet at night, could not hear loud music, the rooms were very clean. The bed was comfortable and very soft. I liked the shower, you do not wait for hot water it is almost instantly hot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, showed us around and gave a rundown on the specials etc..

The breakfast was fantastic, something for everyone, they have a bakery section, curry section, the eggs benedict was very good, desert section and much more.

We ate dinner at the restaurant most of the time, the food was really tasty.

If you want to rent a scooter, just ask at reception which vendor down the road to use.

The beach is very nice, you can swim there or lie on the beach.

The resort is within walking distance from the restaurants and shops in the area.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nev157
lavelakhaolak, Resident Manager at La Vela Khao Lak, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Nev157,

Thanks you for chosen to stay with us at La Vela Khaolak for honeymoon destination

Great to know that you have a pleasant stay with us

Look forward to welcoming you to stay with us to make another memorable near future

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This was our 2nd time to the resort, 2 years having stayed at the Sensimar and had a great time. La Vela is unrivalled in so many ways. The location is brilliant, a stroll to an abundance of shops, restaurants and bars one way and a fabulous beach to the other whilst surrounded by rainforest views. Don't miss Loma Restaurant and the Fat Shark locally for food and drinks. The beach walk to the left is a great way to stroll, take in the view and stop for a refreshment.

Now to the hotel, rooms are huge and we have everything you could ever need including an outside bath! Breakfast was amazing with every taste catered for and more..... shout out to Aoy for her fab coffees, Film, Night and Kyle for their great service. The pools are like we have never seen before and there is always a sunbed. The hotel reacted quickly to enforce the adults only pool rule when necessary. Thanks to Packy and James for taking care of our orders at the Miners Bar. Most thanks to Ked and Sarah at the beach bar however, they were always smiling and made us smile too. They're so happy in their work and we hope that La Vela recognises their contribution.

We could find things that could enhance the La Vela experience but we would be being facetious as in reality it is heaven and for the price of a budget hotel in the UK!

Other hotels may be showing signs of wear now so if you can, stay here and you won't regret it.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel H

Dear Rachel H,

Thanks you for sharing your stay experience to TripAdvisor

Wonderful to read that you have unforgettable stay with us

All staff member who has special thank from you well acknowledge and we look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again near future

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Pool access room was great. We can jump into the pool anytime and water was warm and welcoming. Breakfast was a good spread w many options. Didn't get the name of the barista at the coffee counter unfortunately. But want to say thanks to her for her beautiful smile and welcome every morning when we were there.
Beach bar and pool was fantastic. Great food and pool party on Saturdays *wow* so fun! It is simply relaxing to laze in the pool while listening to the waves. Perfect view.
Coffee at Cotton library fantastic! Nice cakes and good view of the pool while relaxing there.
Location of hotel was on spot. Just a short walk out to restaurants and massage. Another short walk to Bang Niang Market. Cant get a better location near to everything.
We look forward to visiting again and hopefully the next time around we can extend our check out time for more comfortable shower and rest time before flying home.

Sunset was wonderful!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairehhfm

Dear Clairehhfm,

Thanks you for chosen to stay with us as holiday destination this time

We are delighted that you most enjoyed with our pool access room

see you soon again

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Staying here is all about the pools and I love them so much. Majority of guest literally spend all day soaking in the sun, reading books on the pool chairs, sipping coffee and if not, ice-cold bear. White marble facet in shallow waters, wading around while the searing sun bask my shoulders. And when it got too hot, took a dive into the immense inviting turquoise pool that stretches the entire length of the hotel. Just writing about it in this hot month of April makes me want to go back there again.
For the first 2 nights, we had the Deluxe room. Everything in the room is highly advance, it’s so high tech that I had to spend 1 hour learning how to operate the light switches. And till the day I checked out, I still had not figured out which does what. Rooms are very tastefully done, spacious, clean, everything worked. It was really worth what I paid for. Now, quite puzzling why they have a bathtub in the balcony, out and exposed. The balcony has an interesting protruding feature, tall window therein allowed me the view of the sea. While it was late evening and the rays of golden sun shined in, it was all relaxing vibes while I soaked away the heat, un-naked that is. Now, to get some work done, I needed a table. Surprisingly, there is no proper desk of any sort for me to place my notebook, not even a small one. The only place I could think of was that ledge out by the bathtub where the window extension is, me sitting in the water typing away. But electrocution and holiday don’t mix well.
For the next 2 nights, we opted for the Pool Access room. From the front porch where the outdoor sofa is, we have our own sectioned off pool area shrouded by tall plants that offered some privacy. It has a Jacuzzi jet, we sat low in the water and had ice-cold beer under the glaring afternoon sky. And when we had enough, we swam out into the vast pool beyond. The bath area is partitioned by a large wooden sliding door from the bed room. Divided or open concept style your room to be, your choice. The bathtub is finally indoors and has Jacuzzi features. So, if you put bubble bath soap in there and leave the bubbling on for an hour or so with the door wide open, you probably can have your own personal foam party, on your bed.
And the Saturday BBQ Seafood Buffet, I was so glad I was there. The star was the BBQ local lobster smoldering in herbs and cheese, they were huge and flowed non-stop for all the guest. We were in heaven every bite of that succulent meat. And they were all prepared with attention, not under nor overcooked stiff. A must if you are there. No regrets whatsoever.
Breakfast, some days pleasant and some not. The pleasantness was when there wasn’t a crowd. The unpleasantness was the 3 days that was a long weekend, a Monday Thai holiday. Nowhere to seat during the peak hours after 830, scores of people exhibiting vulture culture. They circled empty food trays and when it was replenished, they swept more than their fair share of food away leaving others to wait for more. The sumo brothers, who cooked up perfect Thai style grilled beef (a must to eat) and Eggs Benedict that matches culinary preparations of fine dining, were overwhelmed.
Parents with kids, this is the hotel to be. The kids club will have very attentive caring staffs you can leave your kids with as you go for the spa. That was what we did. Is the hotel stroller friendly? Well not really, especially if you are trying to reach the beach club, no slopes. There are 2 huge pools in this resort, one where the kids club is. And then there is the other where the pool bar is. This features a very large extend of shallow waters so that you can pretend to be a beached whale just lying in there. There is then the 3rd pool, by the beach club. So many pools, and this is why I said in the beginning, it’s all about pools here. With that, I end my review. It was a fantastic stay.

Room tip: Face inwards if possible.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank J404

Dear J404,

Thank you for sharing your stay at La Vela Khaolak with TripAdvisor

Fantastic to read that you have a pleasant stay with us

We delighted to welcoming you to stay with us to make another unforgettable stay soon