There are so many good things to write about Chong Fah Resort that it could take up the whole review, but I thought I’d try to write a beneficial review that may be helpful to others thinking about staying here.
I am being brutally honest here – so the People at Chong Fah should regard it as constructive criticism. I will try to address the issues raised by previous reviewers and cast my unbiased comment on their views.
1. Some reviewers commented about the large number of Germans staying at Chong Fah – yes there is a lot of Germans, but they were friendly, and like us, looking for a good holiday regardless of who else stays there. Spare a thought for the staff - having to speak English and German, plus Russian and whatever else.
2. Not many children stayed there – so from my perspective that is a real plus. No unnecessary splashing in the pool, and an absence of incessant squealing and crying. Sorry if I offend some parents – I have raised 4 children of my own and enjoy the peace and quiet now they have grown up. You will feel the same one day.
3. Most people there were of the age 45 – 65, so being in the 50 – 60 age group, I felt quite at home.
4. There is no beautiful white sand beach in front of Chong Fah – the beach has been reclaimed and there is a rock wall with stairs leading to the beach. The beach is only visible at low tide – so if you love the beach for sun baking and swimming – find somewhere else to stay, or take a short walk to where the sandy beach in its natural state is available..
5. The room facilities:
a. Power points are not in abundance, so charging phones and tablets is a little challenging using all available power outlets. My suggestion is to take a light weight power board – in fact that is a great tip for whenever you go overseas.
b. There is no PC work area/ desk – I had to use the coffee area and a stool, which gave me a sore back. The room is not suitable if you want to conduct some business whilst there.
c. The chairs (inside and outside) are not very comfortable, in fact other than the bed, most furniture is there for looks rather than comfort.
6. The restaurant is very good and very affordable compared to many resorts. Yes it is cheaper outside, at restaurants with lower overheads, but for an extra 40% or so you get great service and the convenience of not having to leave the resort. This is a resort you can move into and stay for your whole holiday without feeling as if your missing out on something. This is not my style but it may suit some.
7. Being a small “boutique” resort has many benefits. From the front entrance to the further most room is only a short stroll. This means the pool and the restaurant are very conveniently located, not far from any rooms.
8. The resort is fairly friendly to people with disabilities – reasonably flat with ramps available
9. Water pressure for the indoor shower was poor in our room – but we were at the end of the row of units and often that means you get the worst water pressure. The outdoor shower was great, but it wasn’t hot. We didn’t use the outdoor spa, but some people may find that more attractive than we did
10. Coffee machine was great – very good for an in-room facility.
11. Khao Lak is like Phuket was 20 - 30 years ago. That was attractive to us but may be a problem to those looking to be in the centre of activity. Dining prices are cheaper and there is more top quality restaurants and bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chongfah Resort is boutique beachfront hotel located on beautiful Bang Niang Beach in Khao Lak. A haven of peace and tranquility, this charming Khao Lak resort is surrounded by nature and features a total of only 30 deluxe rooms and quaint bungalows, including seaview bungalows just a few steps from the enticing crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Chongfah Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chongfah Beach Hotel Khao Lak