“Great coffee and still here after 4 years”
Review of Stempfer Cafe

Stempfer Cafe
Ranked #190 of 278 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: German, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We first went to Stempfers four years ago and it was very good then (and a place where you had free WiFi).

It is so good to know that they are still here and the WiFi is still free. What is best is that that the cafe is fully air conditioned so you can get a quick break from the heat, whilst sipping a good cup of coffee, something hard to get by here. But DO order a Espresso as else you'll get the usual instant.

The pastries are delicious and even though I know we are in Thailand it is sometimes nice to taste some german pastries and bread. I mean we go to Thai restaurants back home too....

There are newer reviews for Stempfer Cafe

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We first had breakfast here and were a bit unimpressed. My capuccino was really poor, I didn't drink it. The pastries were good.

After both my husband and I ended up with food poisoning from another location, this was the ONLY thing we ate, good meat/cheese/bread plates!

This cafe was a trip saver!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

When you get tired of thai food for lunch, and want other coffee then nescafe this is the place. Good sanwiches, and good cake :) And there is aircon ;)

Reviewed February 6, 2012

When in Thailand, it's sometimes really nice to have European food. For cafe latte and absolutely delicious bread and cakes, Stempfer is brilliant. Yes, it's expensive - but for the occasional treat it's worth it

1  Thank caribemarine
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The guide books have great reviews for this cafe/bakery ANSI was expecting great things. My real hope was for some decent toast and after seeing very good-looking bread in the supermarket that is what I was expecting. Unfortunately the bread was the same sweet White rubbish that is served all over Thailand.

1  Thank SimonButtars