“Best place in Arusha”

Onsea House Arusha
Ranked #9 of 124 Restaurants in Arusha
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Onsea House is a recognized centre of culinary excellence. Taste the freshly made brasserie dishes accompanied by the finest specially selected wines. Their Michelin experienced Belgian chef prepares a fusion of exquisite European and African delights based on seasonal specialties. Just call or email to book a table for brunch, lunch, evening with friends or that special candlelight dinner occasion. Since September 2011 Machweo Fine Dining offers the guests an extra beautiful patio terrace to enjoy a tasty lunch or a candlelightdinner.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our friends took us there for dinner, and at first driving the dark roads of the back skirt of Arusha I was thinking "where is he taking us?" I was completely surprised. This place sits up on a top of a small mountain overlooking Arusha. The ambiance is awesome with lighted candles and fires. The food was incredible as well. The chef walked us thru each course he prepared and paired it with another glass of wine. I wish I would have stayed at the hotel as well. I just returned from the bush for two weeks and I could have ate every meal for two days and been very very happy. I can't wait to return next year.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

An amazing experience everytime I go there. The quality of the food is superb, presented professional and tasting delicious. As an extra the location has a very good view and is in a quiet place.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and my (now) wife stayed here for Christmas and got engaged here. As a Belgian getting engaged to an English girl, I thought this hotel + restaurant would do the trick. Couldn't have chosen a better place! The beautiful setting, the superb view and the lovely room itself (with a four-poster bed) provided the perfect setting to drop to one knee. The celebration afterwards was outstanding. Champagne, excellent food (game), super friendly staff,... it was all there.
Once the staff found out we just got engaged, they were so generous and excited for us! Great place. Maybe a bit pricey, for for such a magical moment, it was worth every penny! A popular place, so book enough time in advance (at least around Christmas time).

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We tried to go to onsea house for a coffee in the afternoon and were told that we had to order a full meal in order to be able to stay. So only go if you plan on having dinner or lunch.

1  Thank AmahoroNeza
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I wanted to entertain some friends who had lent me their beautiful apartment in Rome. The ambience of this place is amazing! We had drinks on te terrace and watched the sun go down with a bottle of sauvignon blanc and 3 different snacks were brought. We then went into the outdoor dining area-we had said no to the soup but they brought it anyway-miniscule teacups of broccoli soup. The other courses ensued accompanied by a choice of red or white wine. A truly wonderful dining experience.