“Elsa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Spices & Herbs
Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Arusha
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Umea, Sweden
“Elsa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

They had great food and good service. The food was spicey and they had a lot of vegetarian options, just the way I like it =)

• Visited December 2012

Silicon Valley
“Very tasty meal, but gave me stomach trouble....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I really loved my meal here. Nice outdoor seating, friendly service. As a fan of authentic Ethiopian food, I was thrilled by the menu choices, the aromas, and the great tastes. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter I was gripped by bad stomach..... This was my only episode of disrupted digestion over my 3 week stay in TZ. But, even with that problem, I'd go back for another meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Patrick S
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great setting & fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really great Ethiopean food, so plenty of vegies and choice of meats cooked in flavourful sauces. The staff are lovely, all girls the three times I went.
Try the tea, it's wonderful.

Visited August 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Decent accommodation, but better options exist in Arusha”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night before flying out of Tanzania. The rooms were clean, and the courtyard was pretty tranquil. The food in the restaurant was mediocre, but nothing to write home about. Our biggest complaint was with the laundry service they provided for us. We had asked them to do our laundry earlier in the day. When we received it late in the evening they had pressed everything, and managed to ruin a few shirts along the way. The staff were not that helpful during our stay, but if you ate looking for a decent value this place will do (just go somewhere else for laundry).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
IRINGA
“My experience of the restaurant/lodge”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Food was very good. So was the member of staff that with the aid of a duplicate key, entered our room whilst we were eating and went through our bags. The meal ultimately cost us a 1000 euros and my camera. Though i must say they did have the decency of locking the door behind them when they had finished.

• Visited September 2012