“Good Ethiopian Food”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have eaten at Spices and Herbs more than 20 times. I find the Chicken & Egg or Rosemary cooked with Lamb the best dishes. I don't remember the Ethiopian names for the dishes - the Ethiopian Coffee has a unique and great flavour.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Food is excellent for Ethiopian food. Place and hotel are a little less so. Service is average

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Spices & Herbs is an Ethiopian Restaurant, just off the main drag on a side road. There is outdoor seating on steel and plastic chairs, and indoor seating on a mix of steel and wooden chairs. This is a simple restaurant, nothing fancy at all, but we had a pretty good lunch here. We had the lamb with onions and rosemary and also the beef similarly prepared, with the sponge bread (which we don't really like, but got it anyway). It was not spicy, but it did have herbs and flavor. We enjoyed it, though we weren't blown away by any means. Together with a cold Serengeti or Kilimanjaro beer, it was a tasty lunch. Service was nice, food was decently priced. Two main dishes and two large beers ran less than $20.00. There is a bar area too.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

I tried this restaurant because Lonely Planet recommended it. The dish I ordered was was not very good, perhaps because I saw bugs crawling from underneath the dish. I still ate the food though. I love spicey foods and trying different foods when I can however I could not taste any spices or herbs - perhaps it was the dish I ordered but I asked the waitress to recommend a spicey dish.

I normally like Lonely Planets suggestions but this one, I should of bypass.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Fantastic food, and very, very hot!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook