“Trip of my life I love you Kili!”

Africa Joy Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #203 of 489 Tours in Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Africa Joy Tours and Safaris is a Tanzanian local tour company based in Arusha Tanzania and specialist in private day tours and maasai culture day tours. We can arrange day tours ever day and can accommodate any group size.
Reviewed July 16, 2015

That’s 2 weeks that we are back from Tanzania and far away from “our” Kibo (Kilimanjaro) we are missing everything.
We cannot commend enough the professional, cheery and attentive team who made our ambition to climb ‘Kili’ not only possible but memorable for the great atmosphere generated and sense of being a part of a team effort whose goal was to ‘get us to the top’ safely &successfully but also enjoy the whole experience moment to moment.
We are Italian so the food for us was important, our chef cooked too much! Breakfast: porridge, eggs, bacon, toast, fresh fruit, tea, chocolate and coffee – lunch and dinner fresh hot soup, meat, fish, rice, pasta, vegetables, fresh fruit he give us the best chance to succeed you have too eat for reach the top it’s what our guide Athumani and assistance guide Masu! That’s true you need enercy for climb 5/7 hours a day in high mountain. Our waiter was nice and gentle always looking after us and worry about our needs.
The team was led from Athumani who impressed us with his experience, confidence and competence. He imbued us with the sense that we could achieve our goal under his careful guidance. On the final night he really came into his own with his amazing focus and attentive support when mental resolve was flagging and physical strength was waning. It was a truly emotional moment when Stella Point was reached with much encouragement and support from Athumani and Masu. We greatly value Athumani and Masu contribution to us succeeding in safely getting to Uhuru and down again. Their were sensitive to our needs as clients and climbers and always anticipated accurately what interventions he considered appropriate to ease our progress, minimise our distress and ensure our success. We wish him the success he deserves. Also other people that we met during the trek sad to us that we had the best guide and they would like to have as guide our guide Athumani!
The porters have done the biggest job otherwise how you can eat, sleep and have your hot clothes if they don’t run faster that you and prepare all? We saw them not a lot of time but we knew that they were working for let us reach the top!
We dediced to sleep in the hut and hey were very confortable, we liked also the hotel Keys in Arusha were we sleept the firt and last night (how I loved the take a shower the day after we reached the top!).

Clinton from Africa Joy Tours have made a very good job organizing for us the best trip in our life so now we can say “I CLIMB KILIMANJARO” and I’m so proud!

2  Thank Paddino1803
"animals"
in 7 reviews
"answer"

Reviewed July 12, 2015

Coming from a business trip in Nairobi, I decided to book a Kilimanjaro-Climbing trip with Africa Joy Tours. After contacting Mr. Kileo with a first inquiry, the response came immidiately. This was the case throughout the whole process of the booking - all my questions were answered, I was provided with a comprehensive overview of what will be needed for the climb and I never had to wait long for a reply. Mr. Kileo arranged a bus transfer for me from Nairobi to Arusha, which was convinient and took around 7 hours. After arriving in Arusha, I was picked up my Mr. Kileo personally as well as a colleague of his and transferred to a nearby lodge. I would spend one night there - then be picked up the next morning to go on my five day climb - and would then return there for another night before going back to Europe. The room I was given was spacious, in a good condition and with a comfortable bed. Negative aspects were that the wifi wasn't working and that the stuff could improve a bit on general friendliness and vigilance - especially as I was the only customer at that time. Dinner and breakfast were acceptable and I could store my spare luggage (that I wouldn't take with me to the climb) at the lodge for free. The next morning I was picked up by the team that would accompany me on my adventure, a personal guide - who I would do the climb with, a cook and five porters carrying food, water and other necessities. The trip to the Kili took around three hours from Arusha and as soon as we arrived I was brought to the office to pay for my ticket while the rest of the team was preparing everything for us to start. After all the bags were weight to make sure regulations were followed, the journey began. My guide, Jackson, was a very nice and laid-back person and a good company for the trip. The three huts were we spend each of the three nights on the way to the summit were very convinient - including thin matrasses and even pillows. The restrooms were clean. The food that was prepared for me by the cook was really good and plenty - providing me with the nutritional basis for the challenging way to the top. Summit night was tough, as the way to the top is hard, but my guide Jackson was there to mentally support me and (at the end) even carried my bagpack. The feeling when you reach Uhuru Peak is indescribabale and the sunrise an unforgetable expereience. The way down afterwards is easy, as your power returns as the altitude gets lower and lower. Once we got back down I was served a final lunch and in a sort of ceremony, the porters, cook and guide congratulated me for the successful climb and handed me a certificate as proof. After that I was driven back to the lodge, where I was able to enjoy the first hot shower in a week and sleep my exhaustion off.The next day - after having a final breakfast - I was picked up by a driver at the appointed time and transferred to the airport - which concluded my Kilimanjaro experience.
I can definetely recommend booking this trip and going on an adventure like the Kili is - it is a once in a lifetime experience. My experiences with Africa Joy Tours were over all very positive and even some minor problems were handled with a hands-on approach and a positive attitude and great optimism.
I would like to once again thank Mr. Kileo, Jackson and the rest of the team for this wonderful trip.

3  Thank rob777208
Reviewed June 1, 2015 via mobile

The tour was great and our guides did a very good job. Only an average rate of the operator AJT because of the worse equipment ( e. g. our tent) - really low budget ;-)
Ingo from Germany

4  Thank Ingo_22
Reviewed May 27, 2015

Africa Joy Tour is a very good low budget tour operator.People are very friendly and helpfull.We paid 1500 USD for 6 day Kilimanjaro trek Marangu route plus one day excursion to Ngorongoro conservation area.In my opinion price was really good(food and accomodation was included).I will strongly recommend this tour operator.I wish you good time in Africa.

2  Thank klodzki