Review Highlights
2 Day Safari

Amazing 2 day Safari with Tanzania Expeditions. In two days we visited both Lake Manyara National... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JohnMG1990
Amazing Expedition

I can’t say enough good things about the folks at Tanzania Expeditions. We found them online... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
wdiepraam
Sugar Land, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from $600.00
from $2,238.00
from $1,200.00
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews luxury safari via email making sure safari guide tarangire national park day safari peter tourists bird lion truck requests altitude safety communication wildebeest accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Tanzania Expeditions gave us the trip of a lifetime! We climbed Kilimanjaro via the Rongai route (7 days). The guide, assistant guides, and porters were all wonderful and great to be around during our time on the mountain. We felt extremely well supported and well taken care of. The nutritious, freshly-prepared food was such a treat every day, and the expertise of the guides was apparent. Thanks to Tumaini, Ezekiel, Frank, Gerard, our "stomach engineer" and the rest of our crew for all your hard work and encouragement during our trip, we truly appreciated you!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Tanzania Expeditions planned and guided a 7 day expedition on Mt Kilimanjaro followed by a 3 day safari for my brother and me. They are an AMAZING company! I could have traveled with no money in my pocket because all transportation, all lodging, and all meals were taken care of before we ever arrived. Our mountain guides, Tumaini & Frank, were incredible and immediately made us feel comfortable when we started our trek. Our chef on the trek, Dioniz, prepared wonderful fresh meals for us daily while dealing with several dietary restrictions and food allergies. Our porter crew was friendly and helpful, and Tanzania Expeditions hired union porters who get paid promptly and have strict weight limits on what they're asked to carry. Our safari driver, Emanuel, was knowledgeable and friendly and a very safe driver in the 4WD terrain of the parks. The owner, Justin Mtui, was helpful and responsive by email during every stage of the planning process. Alex the office coordinator was a great help when we arrived in Arusha. I would absolutely 100% recommend this company to anyone visiting Tanzania.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank blairewouters
Reviewed June 26, 2017

My husband and I hiked the 7 day Kilimanjaro Machame Trail and then did a 5 day safari afterwards with Tanzania Expeditions. From start to finish it was an amazing experience. On the hike, we ended up having a private hiking trip with amazing guides, cooks and porters. On the safari, it was five star service. Our driver was experienced and knew lots of information. All staff were helpful from planning to execution. What a trip of a lifetime!

2  Thank danahansen24
Reviewed June 19, 2017

We hiked Kilimanjaro and travelled the Serengeti for s week long safari.,throughout the team at Tanzania Exoedition were outstanding . Both out Trek leader Tumeini and our driver Emanuel were awesome. Thank you.

1  Thank pauljung1
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We had an amazing time on our Kilimanjaro trip and an equally fantastic time on our safari. Tumaini was a very professional guide who has a lot of expertise and care. He took the time to explain the route and was our constant companion. He was good at checking in with us and making sure we were ok and took care of our every need. The rest of the team including the cook, assistant guide and porters were very well trained and were helpful in manly ways. Shout out to Clements, the assistant guide who walked down the Umbwe route with me in one day as I had to leave the trek early. He was supportive and got me through that tuff walk down.
We were lucky enough to have Emmanuel as a driver/guide for our 7 day Safari. He was very professional and experienced and has the added bonus of being very funny. He has incredible knowledge of parks & animals and many occasions took us to the right location and the right time. We were lucky to see many things that I feel others were missing out on. All the accommodation was very good especially the tented camps in Serengti and the Rhino Lodge was a great place to stay as well.
This entire trip went smoothly because the efforts of Alex. He did a great job! Although he was very busy he took the time to make sure I was OK after the trek and drove me to a medical clinic so i could get seen by a doctor. Thanks Alex, Tumaini, Clements, & Emmanuel for the very memorable trip!

1  Thank Lola J