Review Highlights
2 Day Safari

Amazing 2 day Safari with Tanzania Expeditions. In two days we visited both Lake Manyara National... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JohnMG1990
Amazing Expedition

I can’t say enough good things about the folks at Tanzania Expeditions. We found them online... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
wdiepraam
Sugar Land, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from $600.00
from $2,238.00
from $1,200.00
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews luxury safari via email making sure safari guide tarangire national park day safari peter tourists bird lion truck requests altitude safety communication wildebeest accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2017

We had a great time with Tanzania expeditions. We did a 7 day kilimanjaro hike and safari, and both were spectacular. The company was very helpful planning the trip, answering any questions that we had. Our guides were phenomenal, and I felt very safe the whole time.

We ate like kings on the mountain, and the guides, chef, and porters all took very good care of us. They were very polite and made us feel very welcome.

I would highly recommend Tanzania Expeditions to anyone looking to visit Tanzania.

1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed May 14, 2017

We booked Tanzania Expeditions for our 7 day hike up Kilimanjaro and our 3 day safari. Before our arrival, the staff was very quick to answer any and all questions. We would write emails with many questions and all of them were answered fully.
We chose the Rongai Route for our hike as we were going during rainy season and it supposedly rains less on that route. We were met at the airport and taken to our hotel (Planet Lodge) where we had a briefing on what to expect during our hike. We also met our guide at this time.
The next day we started our hike! Our guides, Tumaini, Frank, and Ezekiel, were a wealth of knowledge. They were fun and friendly. The food was delicious and very filling. We were served a hot meal 3x/day (plus a snack!) that always had meat, carbs, and veggies. They were even able to accommodate my gluten-free diet! On summit day, our guides were extremely helpful, patient and encouraging. With their help, everybody in our group made it to the top! They sang to us, carried our backpacks, took photos of us, and were so motivating. I had complete trust in our guides the entire time.
During our 3 day safari, we went to Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara National Park. Our safari guide, Emmanuel, had so much knowledge about each location and all the animals we saw. It seemed as if Emmanuel had a 6th sense about where the animals were. Emmanuel could spot and animal from a distance, and not only tell what kind of animal it was, but also if it was male or female. While we were on safari, we got to do exactly what we wanted. There were no time constraints or mileage limits. During our safari, we stayed at Eileens Trees Inn.
Our airport transportation (both ways) was included with our hike and safari. It was very nice to not have to worry about setting up a ride to the airport.
I loved our experience with Tanzania Expeditions and would not hesitate to contact them again if I return. I also love that Tanzania Expeditions was started by and is owned by a local, so that I am supporting a local (not an American) business.

2  Thank jbecker22
Reviewed May 9, 2017

This was my 3rd trip using Tanzania Expeditions, following great trips up Mt. Meru and to Serengeti/Kilimanjaro in previous years. The crater highlands was as great as the other 2. Starting with great responses from Justin on getting the itinerary right and then all the staff were great - Solomon (driver and tour lead), Ubedi (chef) and Alex our Masaai guide from Nainokanoka. It was a tough 4 days of walking but so worth it. A real highlight of being in Tanzania. As ever, Tanzania Expeditions come highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Dan_Waistell
Reviewed May 2, 2017

My brother and I always wanted to climb Kilimanjaro, our first choice was Tanzania Expeditions, and it was certainly the best! The Kilimanjaro crew led by our guides Frank and John were all superstars. Everything was organized and professionally done. They didn't spare any effort to make sure we were enjoying the adventure and comfortable. On summit night we truly appreciated how experienced our guides were. They carried our backpacks, supported, and encouraged us with positive energy all the way to the top! Thank you guys for making us achieve what many never will! After the Climb we had booked 2 days of Safari. We went to Tarangire and Ngorongoro. It was thrilling and relaxing after Kilimanjaro and our Safari guide Samson was very knowledgeable and could spot animals hundred of meters away hidden behind bushes! The Ngorongoro Farmhouse lodge was superb! Thank you very much TE team and crew for this memorable experience!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Tanzania Expeditions surpassed my expectations for our two day Safari. Our guide, Emanuel was very professional and very helpful. He was very informative and had a great sense of humor. He went well out of his way to make our experience memorable. We stayed at the Ngorongoro Farm House and the service was incredible. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The food was incredible and the views and atmosphere were great. I highly reccomend this company. Thank you Justin