Review Highlights
2 Day Safari

Amazing 2 day Safari with Tanzania Expeditions. In two days we visited both Lake Manyara National... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JohnMG1990
Amazing Expedition

I can’t say enough good things about the folks at Tanzania Expeditions. We found them online... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
wdiepraam
Sugar Land, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from $600.00
from $2,238.00
from $1,200.00
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews luxury safari via email making sure safari guide tarangire national park day safari peter tourists bird lion truck requests altitude safety communication wildebeest accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2015

I climbed Kilimanjaro with Tanzania Expeditions via the 7 day Machame route and it was an incredible experience. The guides and porters were really friendly and attentive, and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I was also really impressed with the food- which was much better than I was expecting given the circumstances!

I travelled with friends and all 3 of us managed to make it to the summit, despite what people say about the success rate! We were also provided with airport pickup, and a night in a hotel before and after the climb with the option of leaving our suitcases in their storage for not a great deal extra, which was a huge help. So overall, I would definitely recommend the company.

2  Thank aliceelizabeth13
Reviewed July 27, 2015

Justin and his crew were amazing! They picked us up from the airport and drove us to our hotel. Extremely energetic and excited for us to be there. They took another trip back to our hotel in the morning to check all of our gear before our hike to make sure we had everything and then showed us around the city.

Once we started the hike the guides and porters were amazing. Everyone was super friendly and did everything they can to make sure we were comfortable. The guides especially were incredible and always were checking on you to see how you were feeling and help our whole group reach the summit.

Safari was also a amazing experienced. We did a lodging safari and they had amazing accommodations for us in between the different parks.

Would book with Tanzania Expeditions again and highly suggest it to anyone else interested in climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

Great hike that requires an awesome support team, like Tanzania Expeditions. Thanks to an incredible guide and crew, three friends and I completed the 3-day Mt. Meru hike. I was very impressed with our guide who was very knowledgeable and encouraging the entire way. It was clear that his priority was our safety. It was also always great to see an energetic, supportive crew at camp at the end of each day (or as they swiftly passed us during the hike). If you are interested in hiking Mt. Meru, I would highly recommend Tanzania Expeditions!

Reviewed July 27, 2015

Tanzania Expeditions did a great job coordinating and planning our hike up Mt Meru. We did the 3 day/2 night hike. Justin made it happen with very little notice. We were able to pay on paypal which was a great bonus. They picked us up from the airport, and after renting gear and assembling the crew we began. On gear, this is nowhere near as cold as Kili. We did 2 nights, 3 days. You need hiking boots, water bottles, a torch and waterproofs. Day hikes I wore workout clothes and maybe a fleece if chilly. At night it drops, so pack accordingly. The summit night I wore 4 layers and a puffy jacket with gloves and a warm hat. Hands down the best thing about our journey was our guide. Agger was incredible. He was so knowledgeable about the terrain, plants, etc.. He was also just a really great person. He made us feel 100% safe on the climb and was extremely conscientious. I would definitely request him if you are going. You sleep in huts which is great that are 4 to a room. Tz Expeditions made wonderful food and definitely accommodated for the vegetarians in the group. The company was well equipped and organized. It took us a lot longer than anticipated to come down on the last day, so plan accordingly. At that point, you will have been hiking since midnight the night before. As someone who has done both Kili and Meru. Meru is such a beautiful mountain, can be done in a long weekend, and the views of Kili on sunrise are beyond compare. It is tough but worth it!

1  Thank cmarona
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Two enthusiastic thumbs up to Tanzania Expeditions. Five of us (ranging in age from 10-50+ years) did a 4-day Mount Meru climb. Our group was by far the envy of the mountain, thanks to Tanzania Expeditions' endless energy, humor, encouragement, singing, smiles, and dancing. They're very professionally run, and kept us motivated, laughing, safe, and comfortable throughout the trek (not to mention incredibly well-fed, in terms of both quality and quantity!). We chose them initially because they were the most responsive, thorough, and affordable when soliciting quotes from other companies, and they did not disappoint. I highly recommend Tanzania Expeditions to anyone looking to take in the beauty and the challenge of Mount Meru.

Date of experience: June 2015