Review Highlights
2 Day Safari

Amazing 2 day Safari with Tanzania Expeditions. In two days we visited both Lake Manyara National... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JohnMG1990
Amazing Expedition

I can’t say enough good things about the folks at Tanzania Expeditions. We found them online... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
wdiepraam
Sugar Land, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from $600.00
from $2,238.00
from $1,200.00
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews luxury safari via email making sure safari guide tarangire national park day safari peter tourists bird lion truck requests altitude safety communication wildebeest accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2015

When we began our Kilimanjaro hike, we had no idea we were about to meet the most energetic, enthusiastic, hard-working, and talented group of friends gathered as representatives of Tanzania Expeditions. Their singing and dancing before, after, and during the hike; paying attention to every little detail from setting up a dining table with candles to delicious three course meals; carrying birthday cake to make my daughter’s 18th birthday a special one on the last day of the hike; and most of all, their passion for the nature are all aspects of this trip that we will carry in our hearts.
Living overseas for many years and traveling to many different countries, we have managed to create many fond memories, but none could be compared with the experience we’ve had with Tanzania Expeditions. Quality of service, professionalism, and wide smiles on every single individual were the qualities that surfaced throughout our hike. We were amazed of our Chef Dioniz’s capabilities to cook the volume of delicious meals with what limited resources the mountain allowed to be carried up. The chef’s assistant and our server, Casian, still makes us laugh as we remember his sense of humor. Our guides, Erick and Kabebi, are professionals in their work, knowing their mountain well and how to help those who are first time hikers on it. Mamba, the lead singer, and all the porters who were ready to sing and dance at a drop of a hat created an uplifting atmosphere when we felt exhausted after a long day’s hike.
I had to come off the mountain on the third day due to altitude sickness while my family continued to the summit. During my recovery, Justin, the owner of Tanzania Expeditions, and Erick, one of the tour guides, made sure that I was well situated and taken care of. Erick took me around for daily excursions through whom I have learned so much about the local culture. Justin came every evening to provide phone connection to my family so I could still be part of their experience. When one thinks how all of these details could possibly be thought of, one word keeps surfacing to my mind—passion. Justin, tour guides, chefs, and all the porters shared the same passion which fueled their enthusiasm and attention to the detail. We happened to be the lucky ones to be among them.
We would strongly recommend Tanzania Expeditions for anyone who is ready for an experience of a life time. As for us… we definitely want to go back again, hopefully sometime soon.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed November 21, 2014

I had a 5 day safari through this company and was very satisfied. It was easy to communicate by email and plan the trip in advance, the responded quickly to my emails. Everything workt out just fine and I can recomend them.

1  Thank susannajohnsson
Reviewed November 20, 2014

I am happy to reply with feedback on the really fantastic trip we took at the end of October in 2014.

The tour operator did a professional job from beginning to end. We were met as planned at every juncture. Our agent (Francis) was helpful all along the way during the planning. Our guide (Peter) quickly became friends to us. He was knowledgeable and professional. I am recommending them to friends at this time, and strongly suggesting they ask for the same guide.

We toured a different park in Tanzania each day, and slept in a different lodge each night. The accommodations and the food were excellent. We saw all the big five as well, which is rare for a first trip.
All in all, it was a perfect trip.
Their website is: http://www.jipetrekkingandsafaris.com

1  Thank Stephanie J
Reviewed October 30, 2014

Our party of four went on a 4-day safari with Tanzania Expeditions and we brought home a bounty of memories and two thousand pictures. After we walked through the airport doors of KJO, Justin took care of everything we needed. Our visits to Lake Manyara, the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti were particularly enjoyable because our guide Derrick was knowledgeable and entertaining, and Charles and his crew (Danny, Emmanuel and the Chef) at Kananga Special Tented Camp made us feel extra special. Our overnight stay at Eileen's Tree Inn was great, too. We would travel with Tanzania Expeditions again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 14, 2014

I could not say enough about Justin, the owner of Tanzania Expeditions, and our safari guide Everest! My husband and I went to Tanzania for our honeymoon and did a 4 day, 3 night safari with Tanzania Expeditions. We also spend a night at the hostel, which is located on a beautiful hill top over looking Arusha. Justin planned our trip perfectly and kept wonderful contact with us leading up to and during the trip. The lodges we stayed at during our safai were beautiful, the food was great and of course, the animals we saw during our safari were a dream come true! Plus Everest was an amazing driver and made us all feel very safe! I highly highly recommend this company, they made us feel at home in a far away place!

Date of experience: July 2014