“nice place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Arusha
London
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Good food with a more interesting menu than some other international hotels - try the fish dishes. I stayed for business but would be happy to use it a base for a vaccation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cr7London
Kibopalacehotel, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Kibo Palace Hotel and we are glad that your stay was comfortable.

The Chef is delighted that your enjoyed our cuisine especially the fish. All our food is served fresh and attention paid whilst preparing before it gets to the guest.

It will be our pleasure to host you once again in the future when you visit Arusha and commit to ensuring that your stay is as enjoyable.

Please do feel free to recommend us to your friends and family visiting Arusha.

Have an awesome year ahead.

Charity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kyoto
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I wanted a place to retreat to as I began my Xmas holidays and this was the perfect place. I stayed at the Kibo palace Hotel for two nights (22nd-24th) and I had a very enjoyable time. The rooms were nice and spacious and very CLEAN which I really appreciated. That said, the bathrobe in my room was dirty but the cleaner changed it for me almost immediately which I was impressed with. I arrived at the hotel very hungry and ordered room service and the food arrived within the 20 minutes I was told it would take. My meal arrived hot and was very tasty. The food at breakfast was also great with a wide selection of things to choose from and I especially enjoyed all the fresh juices. I also had the buffet dinner on my last night there which again was a delight. A great selection of foods to try and with 6 different kinds of desert, suffice it to say, I left the Kibo Palace Hotel a few kilos heavier but, with no complaints from me.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor and facing some rice fields. Very quiet and it offered me a great vi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Larkey
Kibopalacehotel, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Our sincere appreciate for such great reviews and we are glad that the team at Kibo made your holiday memorable. We are happy to note that team's response to any shortcomings that arose was great. Our promise to you is that we shall continue setting the pace and keeping high standards of service, food and cleanliness.

We sincerely hope that we shall host you once again soon and do recommend us to friends and family.

Happy Holidays from the team at Kibo and wishing you an awesome year ahead.

Warm regards,

Coronado, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

with a surprisingly good restaurant. We had dinner there three times and were very impressed. We had a Tandoori vegetarian dish twice and both were extremely good. Very helpful front desk staff, particularly Regina Mfoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank centralia
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property and glad that the team met your expectations. Kibo Palace continues to set the standards in food and service and we do indeed look forward to hosting you once again. I have passed on your appreciation to Regina and she says Jambo!

Wishing you an awesome holiday season and year ahead.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here on 2 separate occasions in August. Rooms were comfortable and clean, staff were very friendly. Good buffet breakfast and the evening meals were also decent. Nice touch to have chocolate, sweets and biscuit in the rooms. Short walking distance to Arusha centre. Rooms at the front of hotel can be noisy as they are next to a busy road but the second time we asked for a room at the back. It was overlooking the garden and swimming pool and was perfect. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Litzy
Kibopalacehotel, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Litzy,

It was lovely to read your great comments on Trip Advisor and we do thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and it's facilities. We appreciate your loyalty to Kibo and re-assure you that we shall continue providing the best services there are in the hospitality sector in this country.

I would love to share a cup of coffee during your next visit. Please do feel free to get in touch with me on sm@kibopalacehotel.com

All the best and looking forward to hosting you once again at Kibo Palace Hotel.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved it!

I do get to travel quite a lot and hence stay in several hotels. Kibo Place stands out as one of the hotels that have impressed me the most in recent times. My room was very spacious and very clean. Thankfully, my room was not carpeted - carpets ar usually a source of grief and great sneezing for me - infact the wooden floor gave it an artsy and warm feel. The bathroom and bathroom linen - great, given especially that there was both shower and tub.

Obviously great thought went into the design of the room. The bed was the best of all, clean and fresh sheets with yummy fluffy pillows. A couple items like the alarm clock and the bedroom slippers gave one a feel of being at home. Waking up every morning proved quite a struggle. I enjoyed every meal, with breakfast being my favourite meal. The staff - friendly enough without being too much in my space. Wi - fi connection was for the most part reliable, and it was pretty fast too.

Im impressed and I shall most certianly plan a return visit - hopefully for a longer time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jhanney
Dear Sir/Madam,

Trust you are keeping well. It was indeed lovely reading your review about our property on TripAdvisor. The team at Kibo is delighted to know that we have met your expectations.

Let me re-assure you and others visiting our property that our guests are important to us and we shall continue offering excellent and attentive services in all areas.

Please feel free to recommend us to friends and family coming to visit Arusha.

I would love to meet with you and share a cup of coffee during your next visit and kindly request that you get in touch with me on sm@kibopalacehotel.com before your arrival.

Many thanks and have a lovely day ahead.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at Kibo Palace before and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro and taking a safari while in Tanzania. The hotel quality and staff service is on par with any hotel I've stayed at in the USA. Rooms are clean with good bathrooms and wifi reception. The food service is excellant with friendly and attentive staff. The fitness room was better than most hotel gyms in the U.S.

I'd definetly recommend it to anyone who finds themselves in Arusha.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool if possible
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bwheeler1970
Kibopalacehotel, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for a great review of our property and we are glad that we met your expectations. We endeavour to ensure guest satisfaction at all times through the provision of great service, food and all details that will ensure your stay at Kibo Palace Hotel feels like home away from home. I trust that you shall visit us once again and do feel free to tell your loved ones and friends coming to Arusha to stay with us. We promise to deliver.

Once again, thank you so much.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

After flying into Mount Kilamanjaro to begin our safari in Tanzania, we spent our first night "in country" at Kibo Palace in Arusha. We had stayed there the previous year and enjoyed the uniqueness of the "old world" hotel. With a circular atrium lobby which extends upward for 4 floors, it's a quaint 77 room hotel that features excellent buffet breakfast (the only meal we had in the hotel) and very good service. They have banquet rooms, a physical fitness facility and pool, but the most enjoyable thing for me was having a good breakfast and excellent coffee outside on the sun porch by the pool.

This is a good way to start a trip in Tanzania. We'll stay there again on our next trip.

Room Tip: Elevators are available, but small. Easiest to get a room on the first floor (actually the second...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeFalley
, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Mike,

Thank you for an awesome review after having an awesome experience during your stay at Kibo Palace Hotel. We appreciate the time taken to fill out the review. We commit to ensuring that we continue improving on our standards to ensure guest satisfaction.

The team is glad to know that you enjoyed your meals especially the breakfast during your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Kibo Palace Hotel. Please feel free to contact me on sm@kibopalacehotel.com

Have an awesome day!