Kibo Palace Hotel
Kigongoni Lodge(Arusha)
$151
$42
$42
All reviewsmodern clean hotelfacing the roadshower cubiclerooms are largeclock towerbreakfast buffetnice pool areabusiness hoteltwo nightsstayed here for one nightair conditioningshort stayarusha townhot watergymcombtanzania
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Nice modern (westernized) hotel. When staying in this hotel you don't have a feeling of being in Africa.
Our room was very spacious with TV and air-conditioning. It was facing the street but the windows are good so you're not bothered by the noise. Bed was huge and perfect for a good night rest after a long flight and before safari. Bathroom was big and rather new.
Staff is very nice. There's a pool but we didn't use it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pipistrello99
Kibopalacehotel, Director of Sales at Kibo Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

How is Slovenia? Trust all is well.

Thank you for taking your time to review our services on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate. as these reviews motivate us and also help us when looking at areas that need strengthening. We are glad that our team met your expectations and we do hope to welcome you back to Kibo soon.

Do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends coming into Arusha.

Have a lovely evening.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I stayed here for two nights while in Arusha for business. It was a perfectly decent, mid-range hotel. My room was an executive and was very large, and well under the US per diem. Tasty breakfast buffet/onsite food, clean rooms, reliable and free (!) internet access, and nice lobby area. It was easy to arrange for transportation, as there were always taxi drivers in the parking lot. I didn't use the other amenities, but there was a pool and fitness center. The staff was very nice and accomodating, although it was sometimes hard to communicate in English.

However, I had some bad luck in that something was wrong with my toilet, which caused it to emit a high-pitched buzzing/shrieking sound. The staff was able to temporarily fix it, but it came back in the middle of the second night. I also heard the same sound coming from another room. I'd still recommend the hotel, as I'm sure this was an aberration, but it was certainly unfortunate!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank manderific

Dear Sir/Madam,

Jambo from Kibo Palace Hotel. Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor - we do appreciate the time taken to review.

We note that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do thank you for the understanding with the toilet problem. This is to re-assure you that the same was taken care of permanently by the team. It is our hope that we shall welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Do have a fabulous evening.

Reviewed February 10, 2011

I loved this place. Found it on my way back from safari at the recommendation of my driver(I didn't want to go back to the place that I stayed pre-safari so this was last minute). I was wowed from the minute I walked in. Large, modern, dramatic lobby with Christmas music playing, exceptionally friendly desk staff and when I asked to see a room I was escorted to a huge room with a wonderful king sized bed. Certain I couldn't afford it, I went down to the desk to discuss and discovered they had a Christmas special - half price. I would certainly check this place out in person if you can and perhaps you will negotiate a good deal. Even at full price it was probably worth it for the proximity to everything, the excellent fitness facility, the comfortable pool area and the friendly service. A bit worn out from safari travel and it being Christmas eve I wanted to be comfortable and not have to worry about the logistics of getting into town, finding good food, getting some exercise, etc and this place was like my Oasis. So happy I found it and really enjoyed my last 2 days in Tanzania.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank thetravelduck

Dear Sir,

Trust you are well in Vancouver. We are responding almost one year down the line - please forgive us :-) We do appreciate the time taken to post your review and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we shall welcome you back with your family or friends next time you are around.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is a very new hotel. We were put up in this hotel by our safari company for 2 nights and we loved it! The front desk, wait, bell staff were all very helpful and friendly. The hotel restaurant, pool/patio and small business center offered everything we needed. The room was nicely furnished, spacious, and spotless with a very comfortable bed (I hate beds that are really hard). While this hotel is certainly not the cheapest hotel in Arusha, you absolutely get your money's worth; it is a great place to stay in Arusha in preparation for and when you return from safari, or anytime for that matter.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Kibo palace is an expensive hotel in Arusha, usually used for local businessmen. It is built as a typical african "luxury" hotel with a lobby, currency exchange, jewellery shop. They also offer restaurant and bar, swimming pool.

The reason to stay in Kibo palace is their sauna, gym and massage. The most significant opportunity is a massage, which you can test wether you stay in this hotel or not. Some guys go to massage after their visit Kilimanjaro summit, they have special "afer mountain climbing massage" in the menu.

I don`t think that Kibo palace is suitable for tourists, but some of their services as a massage or restaurant can be helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business