TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
feels like home

We had a fantastic three days safari experience thanks to Hoopoe! Our guide was ranger Zakayo, he... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Martina F
Pole Pole pays off

After many emails between Chislon my wife and I ended up with a tour perfectly tailored to our time... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2019
Arfa1
New Plymouth, New Zealand

All reviews his knowledge gibbs farm serengeti camp lake manyara reference books day safari great companion fantastic days short notice excellent driver east africa land cruiser driver guide long days safari company beautiful animals highly recommend this company
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

Went on a five day safari with a Hoopoe guide. He was very knowledgeable and always had the answers to our questions. He had the ability to spot animals very far away and would bring us to them. He respected the animals and didn’t get in their way. After many years of being a guide, he still enjoyed his work. We were snapping away with our cameras and our guide took some photos too. It was a once in a lifetime wonderful experience for me.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019

I was a solo traveler and my five day trek was set up through my climbing tour company, Tusker Trail. I was a little apprehensiive not being able to select my safari company; however, it worked out perfect. My guide, Jackson, was marvelous and always on time. His knowledge of animals and able to spot them were great. It was obvious to me he enjoyed his job because he took pictures of the animals just like me. Other guides were on the phone or the radio but Jackson was not. He was a careful driver and was proud of his heritage. Jackson had drinkable water for me everyday and the Toyota Land Cruiser was perfect. The vehicle was around three years old, had numerous books on animals, and plugs to charge your phone or camera.

Jackson took me to Lake Manyara, Ngorgongoro Crater, and Serengeti National Park and we saw lots of animals including 4 out of the 5 big ones (no leopards). We stayed at three unique lodges including Kirurumu Manyara Lodge, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge, and Kirurumu Serengeti Camp. The last camp (Serengeti Camp) was the most rustic (tents and walkie talkie shower-weird).

The only slight negative I had with Jackson and Hoopoe was time on safari. I thought other people staying at the lodges had more time on safari. On my last day of safari, I was only out there for 4.5 hours. The rest of the time I was waiting at the lodge for my 5PM flight at Ndutu airstrip. The previous day, we left very early and saw a wonderful sunrise, took three hour break during the hot day and went back out at 4PM, which was great.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with Hoopoe Safaris and Jackson as my guide/driver. I would recommend this company and Jackson as a guide/driver. Jackson provided me a new water bottle and numerous maps on where we were going. The nature walk at Kirurumu Manyara Lodge was early but extremely informative.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank larrysam1
Reviewed January 27, 2019

Booking this trip on the very last minute for the last days of December and firsts days of January, we couln't be happier to choose Hoopoe Safaris! From the beginning, our planner Chislon, was just so flexible with our requests and answered very fast with a lot of great suggestions. He planned for us an amazing safari itinerary and few days to rest in Zanzibar.

When we started our safari we couln't never expect how beautiful was Tanzania and how it felts to see all those animal into the wild. A huge thank you to our guide Clemence, we learned so many things about nature, wildlife and animals living/interactions. His experience was the most important thing we can thank again. And we also had a great time with him talking and laughing during all the safari.

The campsites were 5 stars camps. Perfect to sleep, rest and the food was so good ! (i think we never skip a meal!) All the service staffs were so nice and took care about us.

Thank you again Hoopoe for this trip to remember for a lifetime.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a great safari week beginning of November with our driver guide Bosco, an experienced and knowledgeable guide.
The car was well maintained and Bosco drove carefully.
The booking experience before with Chislon was also very good. He took into account all the remarks we had and gave useful advice!
We saw a lot of animals and beautiful landscapes from Tarangire to Serengeti via Lac Manyara and the magical Ngorongoro!

Yes all this has quite a high price, safaris are really expensive vacations ( ) but it worths it!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 4, 2018

Coming off a medical mission trip for 2 weeks in Morogoro, Tanzania, my wife and I wanted to stay in country and do a safari. We contacted Africa Exclusive who worked closely with Hoopoe Safari and gave us 10 amazing days we will never forget! The itinerary and lodging was customized to our personal preferences. We would not have changed anything! The accommodations were exceptional....the food healthy and delicious but what was most enjoyable was the staff at each lodge. So very friendly and caring. Our personal guide, Lisekar was a wealth of knowledge,a wonderful human being and a great companion for the entire trip. We were really well cared for and saw things only an experienced guide could find. The extraordinary sites of Kilimanjaro, Ngorogoro, the Seregetti and the great migration of wildebeest crossing the Mara River are all captured in our minds and on camera. We could not think of a more wonderful vacation and highly recommend Hoopoe Safari! We look forward to traveling with them again in the near future!

Date of experience: September 2018