After the crash landing of ET 815 on December 18th, my family and I was transported to Ngurdtoto Mountain Lodge . We were - along with all the other passengers from the plane - booked into the hotel . When we woke up the next morning, all the other guests, minus a French pair and us , had left the hotel. It turned out that Ethiopian Airlines had got hold of an aircraft on the night of the 19th , and had told the hotel to collect all the passengers and get them to the airport .
The hotel reception managed to forget to call my family of five and the French couple.
When we came down for breakfast the next morning, there was total confusion, and no one at the hotel was willing to take responsibility. We spent the entire day to come to an arrangement with Ethiopian Airlines , and when we finally , at 13:30, were told that we could catch a flight at 15:00 , we told the front desk they had to get us a car immediately. An hour later, at 14:30, they had still not managed to get us a car. Then it turned out that the hotel had a private driver who could drive us . We had waited for one hour for the clerk to notify an employee that could take us to the airport. Once the car was ready, it actually broke down on the way to the airport . End of the story was that we lost the airplane , and was left at the airport all evening to wait for a new aircraft .
The following things happened due to incompetence in the hotel :
1. We were forgotten when all the guests were called and collected .
2. The reception spent an hour to get a car already parked outside the hotel .
3. The car broke down , so we lost the plane.
4. We lost one day of our short vacation.
5. We lost our safari trip on 21 , because the hotel screwed up time after time .
All this due to the incompetence in a hotel that honestly doesn't deserve any guests at all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ConferencingAny organization, irrespective of size, sector or activity, will benefit from working with Impala Group of Hotels.We provide solutions for the entire spectrum of business events and accommodation:Solutions for any event, large or small * Large scale events and conferences (Conventions, AGMs, Sales, Academic, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Health, Mining, Education, Seminars, Workshops, Retreats, Team building) * National and International Gala dinners, Charity events, Awards ceremonies, Incentives, * Product launches * Press/PR events * Research/Consultation * Road shows * Concerts * Wedding * Social events such as wedding, jubilees, anniversaries * Training/Team Building * HR/RecruitmentAccommodationYou tell us where, when and what you need (golf course, parking, swimming pool, gym, internet access, heli-pad) and we’ll give you a list of options at the best possible rates for: * Groups and individuals * Conference/event delegate accommodation * Field Team solutions (sales, inspections, evaluation, training) * Prizewinners/Awards * Presidential eventsFull destination management solutions are available.Involve us at any stage of the event management process, from basic venue choice or accommodation booking to full event creation, promotion, production and management.We tailor our service to your requirements and adapt to your needs.Guests are provided with full confirmation, including maps/directions, booking details, parking information, even where’s wealthy visiting i.e. arrange excursions or any pre and post conference safarisWhat we do> Venue information and negotiationYou tell us what the requirements are and we will : * Find the perfect venue (providing you with a range of options among our chain of hotels) * Negotiate the best available rates (using our massive selling power) * Act as liaison between yourself and the organization of event (saving you time and energy, as well as providing you with the benefit of our in depth knowledge of event management)We manage every aspect so that the event runs smoothly, professionally, on-time and on-budget. Every event, no matter how small, is approached and considered in the context of your organization’s specific aims, objectives, audience, culture and structure.Meeting Room Equipment ChecklistEquipment that may be provided for the meeting room:Overhead projectorSlide projectorFilm projectorProjection standsRemote control for projectorsScreensVideo equipment: VHS, DVD, teleconferencingMicrophonesRadioTVComputerMouseAuxiliary equipment: laser pointers, flip charts, slide traysLightingLoudspeakersVideo conferencing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngurdoto Mountain Hotel Arusha