All reviews wellness retreat first night local ingredients next morning kilimanjaro airport africa trip big bathroom mount meru lovely room international flight our honeymoon packed lunch the main house swimming pool late arrival home from home an oasis
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We were 4 friends staying before and after our safari at the Onsea House and really enjoyed our stay. The reception welcomed us warmly with different juices both of the days and took care of us so well. The beautiful gardens and lovely designed rooms and the very friendly and helpful staff make you feel you are visiting your family. Besides that, the food was awesome and we had two wonderful evenings on the restaurant terrace overlooking the pool and nature.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of a business trip. Booked at the last minute by email - after being greeted with juice I was in Machweo room 8, a small bungalow type room with kitchen and shower overlooking the valley. The finishing and detail is of a great standard, after a light lunch and a swim in the pool, I got to sit out on the terrace and watch the sunset. For dinner I went for the full menu and it was good, highlights were the kingfish and the carpaccio. All the time, service is attentive.

The next morning the hotel arranged a day trip for me and allowed me late checkout before flight home.

Highly recommend this hotel, great alternative to the big hotels in Arusha.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I had the benefit of staying a long weekend at Onsea House while visiting Arusha and it is truly a gem - tucked back off the main road, up a hillside, it has spectacular views across Arusha as well as of Mt Meru. The rooms are extremely up to date and modern (I think they recently renovated) - poured concrete floors, huge bathroom with sunken jacuzzi tub and separate shower, beautiful bedding, etc. I spent time just lounging by their pool as well which is very nice and they do have a full spa with extensive services. But the food and service deserves special mention - everyone is so friendly and eager to make sure you are having the visit you expected, and the dinners are incredible - save room, they are multi course but every bite is delicious and inventive (mostly European and fusion cuisines). I literally held out on lunch one day to make sure I could enjoy the whole dinner. They are also quick to help you with any day trip or town needs. Highly recommend. There were several families in residence while I was there and they all seemed to be having a great time and the staff is good with accommodating children.

Room tip: Main building has beautiful rooms, but there are cottage suites if you have a bigger group or need adjoining rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Stayed in Onsea prior to my safari and Machweo after. Lovely comfortable rooms, and great service (Pauline in reception was fantastic). Highlight was definitely the AMAZING food - breakfast is plentiful with great choices, dinner is 3 course with recommended wines accompanying. Would highly recommend staying here when in Arusha!

Room tip: Rooms at lower levels will be quieter.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2016

We stopped here for one night after an overnight flight into Tanzania before embarking on safari. It's very pretty, nicely maintained with a very friendly and welcoming team. Fabulous views of Meru. The evening meal was fantastic although not ideal for a tried family and 2 fussy kids - however, that is our problem and no reflection upon Onsea.

Date of stay: August 2016