Great outdoor ambiance. Enjoyed meals (food was good) outside, especially evening dinners by the campfire (definitely the highlight of staying here). Rooms were dusty and could benefit from some renovations and some updating. For example, towels were very grubby and smelled unwashed. The shower water was rusty (smelled pretty awful) and overall bathrooms were very dingy. The shower piping leaked water all over the floor. Overall, the lodge web-site makes the lodge appear much more luxurious than it is (slightly misconceiving). Additionally, we were very displeased with the 5% additional credit card fee and and USD exchange rate of 1400 to 1 (when using a credit card). Should probably be mentioned when checking-in. The gentlemen handling the bar and restaurant areas was particularly helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Meru Game Lodge & Sanctuary is located within 33 acres of mature, well manicured gardens bounded on one side by the tranquil waters of the Usa River and on the other by the private Sanctuary where our wildlife and birdlife reside. This wildlife and birdlife provide many of our guests with their first exciting game viewing experience. The Mount Meru Game Sanctuary was established in 1960 and over the course of the last half a century and more has received rescued animals from the wild. Normally either injured or orphaned, the sanctuary's first priority is always to rehabilitate these animals and to return them to their natural habitat. In cases where this is not possible, they are released into the sanctuary grounds where, joined by an enormous variety of birdlife, they are able to enjoy the unique freedom offered by our very safe environment. By choosing to stay with us, our guests play a very important role in helping these animals since the activities of the sanctuary are financed entirely by the lodge. Mount Meru Game Lodge is extremely fortunate to receive daily visits from troops of Black & White Colobus Monkeys. The Lodge features 15 guestrooms, including 2 suites, which seamlessly blend understated elegance with contemporary style. Our two suites lie generously situated in the garden overlooking the sanctuary. Each with a cozy bedroom and open living area, complete with fireplace. Both rooms offer a private garden gazebo where one can blissfully relax and soak up an atmosphere of well being. The main building of the lodge consists of a reception area, lounge and bar. The lounge, with its enormous picture windows and comfortable furniture, provides for relaxation in intimate surroundings. The bar is well stocked with a wide selection of spirits, beers and minerals which are complemented by a carefully selected collection of wines. To the front of the main building is a terrace which is shaded by enormous old Mango trees and which enjoys magnificent views over mature, carefully tended gardens to the Sanctuary beyond. In the grounds of the lodge can be found an 'outdoor dining room' which consists of a covered makuti restaurant located in our mature a gardens. The garden with its camp fire allows our guests to dine under the African star-lit sky whilst listening to the exotic night sounds. FREE WiFi is available to all visitors in the Lodges' public areas. Throughout its long history, the lodge & sanctuary have been a popular stop over for many VIP's and Government visitors. Various Presidents of African countries, celebrities, entrepreneurs and members of European Royal families have stayed with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mount Meru Game Lodge & Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Meru Game Lodge & Sanctuary Hotel Arusha
- Mount Meru Game Lodge And Sanctuary
- Mount Meru Game Arusha