Impala Hotel
$112
Travelocity
$469
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was a hard hotel to stay in after being at the Mount Meru but it was where we got placed when the Meru was sold out. That being said, it is probably fine for the money we paid although I couldn't get a quote since our tour company paid for it and will bill me later. I hope I did not pay a lot. I had to pry info out of the front desk regarding food amenities - where the restaurants were located. Staff seemed indifferent overall in the restaurants and front desk. I see from other reviews that there was a newer section - perhaps that would have helped my stay if I had been in one of those rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the roundabout - quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hotel is strategically located with ample parking. But the entrances into the building and many and poorly manned...Its quite dusty. Waiters take long to serve. Front office staff are very pleasant and outgoing. The bar is also nice. The swimming pool needs regular cleaning and maintenance as it is open to the public. Otherwise its a nice hotel but requires more keen attendance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Safety is not a concern. I stayed in both parts of the hotel and the difference is night and day. Ask for the newer wing. It's almost as if they renovated half the hotel and left the other half alone.

Overall, I can't complain about a single thing. My experience was amazing as a solo traveller.
The only thing preventing a 5 star is because of a lack of a safe and the older wing needs to be looked at or offered at a lower rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer wing - If you're travelling on a budget, don't be afraid to ask for a discount at the counter =)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank anjoot
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The hotel has an intimate and relaxed atmosphere. It is located in a quiet area on the outskirts of Moshi within landscaped gardens. The hotel has serviced deluxe en-suite rooms, AC, TV, and Internet, swimming pool, garden bar with BBQ area, restaurant and views of Kilimanjaro. We have enjoyed very much and thanks for Karibu Adventure to use this Hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Beautiful hotel located outside the city, we were very happy to Karibu Adventure using this hotel in Moshi Kilimanjaro.
We were happy to sleep, I strongly that you go to Tanzania Hotel. They provide network services, swimming pool, bar, restaurant, fresh food.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends