“Nice Hotel in the City Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of New Safari Hotel

New Safari Hotel
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Arusha
Cork
“Nice Hotel in the City Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in the city centre and, not being a brilliant one, it is a good hotel to stay at. Decoration wise, the hotel is very sober, so if you are travelling for tourism and want something a bit more quirky, perhaps you will prefer to stay somewhere else.

I loved to go for an early morning walk in the area. There is a nice park nearby, and while you are strolling along the streets, you can see that Arusha is slowly but surely getting busier, which I found extremely interesting.

The room we stayed had a very nice bedroom, although there was a bit of dripping water in the bathroom and I could not shower with hot water.

The food at the restaurant was good, and the staff were nice and helpful. The sound of the TV in the sitting area next to reception was a bit too loud.

We only stayed one night here, and I would gladly stay again, although maybe if I had problems with the shower again I would possibly complain about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rui H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently planned and organized a conference for 60 guests at the New Safari Hotel. The manager was cooperative, flexible and helped with all of our needs. While the rooms were not as luxurious as others in Arusha the location was perfect and the staff very helpful. It was functional and the price was right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Emily G
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at The New Safari Hotel. The taxi arrangement when we (mother/daughter) arrived at Kilimanjaro airport was very appreciated. The room was very clean, and the daily breakfast buffet was so delicious. We were very satisfied with everything during the stay and have no complaints. I will absolutely pass on your hotel's name to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gloria R
Dar es salaam ,Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dear all,

this is i think 6times of our company to book us in this hotel,day after day this hotel becomes very professional ,from the cleaner to the manager!
i like how the staff are very friend and kind to @ customer.
we stayed in this hotel during Arusha karibu fair,we enjoyed so much.

Room Tip: the rooms on the first floor are nicer as if you dont want to use elevetter you can just go to your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mwaj_12
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Tanzanian businesspeople seem to be the primary guests at this comfortable hotel, located just around the corner from tourist hotels costing triple or more. Good location for services, walking distance to the center. My room was large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet looks mediocre, but one can also order other things. For instance, there was only instant coffee on the buffet, but each morning I asked for "filter coffee" and was given an Americano--no charge. (Other guests seemed to be ordering freshly made eggs, etc.) The staff was helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night when I had a quick business trip from Dar es Salam. We booked our rooms by phone from the airport in Dar as we didn't have prior reservation and we had no problem at check in. The lady at the reception spoke good English which is not common in Tanzania but I cant say she was very enthusiastic or friendly. She instead has a matter of fact attitude. The rooms are really large and clean and when I asked them to replace the bed covers they did it promptly. The hotel is supposed to have a free wifi connection as is the case in many hotels in Tanzania but it was not working when we were there. Neither was the TV working but when we indicated this to the reception they didn't bother to fix or properly explain. The breakfast is OK but I think they could have served fresh fruit juice instead of the tasteless juice blend they had. The manager was not around for much of the time we were there (or at least I didn't come across him) but when we saw him briefly before our departure he was very friendly and professional. So you wonder where the indifference of that receptionist came from. All in all the the staff are good, the price can be said reasonable at USD 80 and I wouldn't mind to stay there again if the wireless and the TV are working.

Room Tip: i think all rooms are more or less the same but given the frequent blackouts in Tanzania you would d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here before heading out to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater with Easy Travel who are conveniently located next to the hotel (superb safari). Rooms were clean and AC was appreciated but bathroom quite grubby. The breakfast was the worst breakfast I've ever had. Location is really good. I feel it was too over priced but also get the feeling the whole of Arusha is!

• Stayed January 2013