“Nice place to stay”

Dar es salaam ,Tanzania
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dear all,

this is i think 6times of our company to book us in this hotel,day after day this hotel becomes very professional ,from the cleaner to the manager!
i like how the staff are very friend and kind to @ customer.
we stayed in this hotel during Arusha karibu fair,we enjoyed so much.

Room Tip: the rooms on the first floor are nicer as if you dont want to use elevetter you can just go to your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mwaj_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Tanzanian businesspeople seem to be the primary guests at this comfortable hotel, located just around the corner from tourist hotels costing triple or more. Good location for services, walking distance to the center. My room was large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet looks mediocre, but one can also order other things. For instance, there was only instant coffee on the buffet, but each morning I asked for "filter coffee" and was given an Americano--no charge. (Other guests seemed to be ordering freshly made eggs, etc.) The staff was helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night when I had a quick business trip from Dar es Salam. We booked our rooms by phone from the airport in Dar as we didn't have prior reservation and we had no problem at check in. The lady at the reception spoke good English which is not common in Tanzania but I cant say she was very enthusiastic or friendly. She instead has a matter of fact attitude. The rooms are really large and clean and when I asked them to replace the bed covers they did it promptly. The hotel is supposed to have a free wifi connection as is the case in many hotels in Tanzania but it was not working when we were there. Neither was the TV working but when we indicated this to the reception they didn't bother to fix or properly explain. The breakfast is OK but I think they could have served fresh fruit juice instead of the tasteless juice blend they had. The manager was not around for much of the time we were there (or at least I didn't come across him) but when we saw him briefly before our departure he was very friendly and professional. So you wonder where the indifference of that receptionist came from. All in all the the staff are good, the price can be said reasonable at USD 80 and I wouldn't mind to stay there again if the wireless and the TV are working.

Room Tip: i think all rooms are more or less the same but given the frequent blackouts in Tanzania you would d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here before heading out to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater with Easy Travel who are conveniently located next to the hotel (superb safari). Rooms were clean and AC was appreciated but bathroom quite grubby. The breakfast was the worst breakfast I've ever had. Location is really good. I feel it was too over priced but also get the feeling the whole of Arusha is!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank turtle22
Rothenburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We choose this hotel after our safari trip to Serengeti and Ngorogoro Crater and we enjoyed the hotel in every way.
The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds have mosquito nets and are very comfortable. The staff where very friendly from the check in, service personnel to housekeeping also evening turndown service was provided for our room. At lunch we eat tasty pizzas at the restaurant by the hotel entrance and Dinner we choose from the A la Carte menu at the dining room. The table setup was nicely done and the service personnel paid attention to detail. The only think to mention is that this hotel does not serve alcohol but only soft drinks and juices. Anyway I can’t complain. For the value, service and clean rooms it was more than we could ask for and if you like to have a drink, there are bars around the hotel area to enjoy your evening. At breakfast our waiter helped us with the plate and food we picked from the buffet station and ask for our wellbeing throughout our meal. I like to mention that we liked the instrumental Christmas music at breakfast especially during this time of the year where our minds been thinking of our family and friends far away.
Thank you for making this trip such a memorable one. Thanks to ALL the members of staff for the excellent team work.
Mario & Mela

Room Tip: Stayed at room 208
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mario Z
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Arusha, which is the best thing that can be said about it. The inclusive breakfast was a disappointment with the free fruit juices having been watered down to the point of tasting like coloured water - in a region so abundant in cheap, sun-ripened fruits what an amazingly mean piece of profiteering! Similarly, I needed to print out a document from my webmail and while I understood that there was a charge for the printing, I felt is was excessive to charge me several dollars for a minute's worth of time. Worst of all though was the constant, piped Christian religious music at breakfast - there is no mention in the hotel's literature that one will be exposed to proselytising at 7.30am. I found being forced to listen to Jesus songs most annoying, as did the muslim and hindu guests who nodded in agreement when I pointed this out to the reception staff. This is a hotel that needs make a lot of improvements but most importantly needs to decide if it is a church mission or a hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom h

Travelers are raving about these Arusha hotels

brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Let me start of by saying i didn't even make it to the hotel due to their lack of customer service. I made reservations online over a month ago. I recently emailed the hotel twice to inquire about my reservation. i received absolutely no response. I called twice only to speak to workers who sounded like they were sleeping. After both times call they promised to respond to my email which never occurred.

That initial experience didn't allow me to continue with my reservations.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends