I recently spent two nights at the Moivaro as part of a larger group. On arrival, we were warmly greeted with a cooling drink, and swiftly allocated our lodges. These are scattered in the grounds of the hotel, which are beautiful, lush and well-maintained. There is a swimming pool with loungers, and also a fire-pit with comfy chairs which was wonderful to sit by in the evening. The lodges are quite rustic- the beds were made up with white sheets with rose petals scattered on them, which was a smashing touch. Facilities are basic though- there is no hanging space or lock on the toilet door. The shower and sink area are in need of some refurbishment, and on the second morning I had no electricity supply. I also got locked in my lodge- the key would not open the door from inside, and I had to text a friend to come and help me get out! As the chain was also broken, this meant that I had no security whilst sleeping, and as a lone female this was a bit of a concern. The bed was very comfortable, and there was no noise from outside apart from the wonderful sounds of wildlife.The food was excellent, but we all agreed that the staff had difficulty in understanding what we had ordered, as some of us either got the wrong dish or the food did not arrive at all. The location is amazing, but I would not return if visiting the country again in the future. As this was my first visit to Tanzania I do not know if this is comparable to similar types of hotel- I can only comment on my own experience whilst there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Moivaro Coffee Plantation Lodge & Estate, the lodge where you will stay in a charming atmosphere and enjoy every comfort you need. Moivaro Lodge is situated right in the heart of beautiful, natural scenery and yet is only 7 km from the town of Arusha: an ideal spot to enjoy the impressive flora and fauna of East Africa. At Moivaro Lodge we will ensure that you are looked after in a unique, friendly and peaceful manner, helping you to prepare for your safaris and cosseting you on your return in the evening. Our spacious thatched brick cottages are set in a lovely tropical garden, with private verandas ensuring every visitor all the privacy needed. Relax and enjoy the beautiful views of Mount Meru from the comfortable veranda, go for a stroll around the Moivaro property, or laze at the pool nestling in the midst of tropical trees and coffee plants. As a daily activity we arrange the Moivaro Village Walk. A unique opportunity to see everyday life in Tanzania and make closer contact with the local people. You can visit a local banana brewery and sample its beer; or hear the story of a local eccentric, and marvel at the tree house he fashioned for himself. A walk is typically 2 hours long and can involve a climb up Oldonyo Maas Hill for those looking for a more demanding experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Moivaro Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moivaro Lodges And Tented Camps
- Moivaro Lodges & Tented Camps Hotel Arusha