We really enjoyed staying here in the beginning of September before travelling to the Serengeti. We had a private transfer from Mt Kilimanjaro airport to the lodge which took about an hour through some traffic along the main road from Dar es Salaam. It took around 40 minutes to get from the lodge to Arusha airport. The lodge is down a quiet side road before you enter security gates and see the guard and drive down a driveway. I did notice some local noise such as music playing and a dog barking but this was not overly loud or on-going. The lodge is at the base of a hill and the lodge had a map up of the grounds with information on what you might see and where to go. It looked good but we just didn’t have enough time to enjoy everything there.
We had a nice debrief of the lodge from the happy staff and were given a welcome drink. We asked if we could order food and they were happy to oblige. It did take awhile but we were happy. Dinner and breakfast were included in our nights stay and drinks were excluded. Dinner was 4 courses; we had entrée, soup, main and dessert. Breakfast was amazing with so much flavour and variety; we wish we had time to actually enjoy it. The dining room is very nice and the outdoor dining looks over beautiful gardens. There was a fire pit with chairs around it in front of the cosy bar area. One of the male staff members impromptu sang Jambo Bwana around the fire. It was beautiful. We had a one hour massage each for $30 USD/p in our room as there is no day spa area but I think they should get one. It was very good however I did find it a bit funny moving around so she could stand to one side of the bed and massage me.
There are 40 little cottages dotted all around the property. They were tastefully decorated and well finished. We were given two single bed quilts on two king-size singles joined together. A king sized quilt would have been nice. There was no light near the cupboard and suitcase stand which made things difficult. The bathroom was big and had good sized bath, and there was just enough hot water. There was a brief power outage when we were there. I recommend having your torch out here because I found it hard enough to find the matches let alone light the candle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Moivaro Coffee Plantation Lodge & Estate, the lodge where you will stay in a charming atmosphere and enjoy every comfort you need. Moivaro Lodge is situated right in the heart of beautiful, natural scenery and yet is only 7 km from the town of Arusha: an ideal spot to enjoy the impressive flora and fauna of East Africa. At Moivaro Lodge we will ensure that you are looked after in a unique, friendly and peaceful manner, helping you to prepare for your safaris and cosseting you on your return in the evening. Our spacious thatched brick cottages are set in a lovely tropical garden, with private verandas ensuring every visitor all the privacy needed. Relax and enjoy the beautiful views of Mount Meru from the comfortable veranda, go for a stroll around the Moivaro property, or laze at the pool nestling in the midst of tropical trees and coffee plants. As a daily activity we arrange the Moivaro Village Walk. A unique opportunity to see everyday life in Tanzania and make closer contact with the local people. You can visit a local banana brewery and sample its beer; or hear the story of a local eccentric, and marvel at the tree house he fashioned for himself. A walk is typically 2 hours long and can involve a climb up Oldonyo Maas Hill for those looking for a more demanding experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Moivaro Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moivaro Lodges And Tented Camps
- Moivaro Lodges & Tented Camps Hotel Arusha