“Right in the centre of Arusha, within walking distance to the International Conference Centre, airline offices and banks”
Review of The Arusha Hotel

The Arusha Hotel
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Arusha
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The Arusha Hotel, some time ago also called the New Arusha Hotel, is my regular choice for business visits to Arusha.
Everything is within walking distance from the hotel, although cabs are available just outside the reception.
Wireless internet access is available, for good speed and reliable, which is not always the case in other hotels in Arusha I stayed on past visits.
Very good spread for the breakfast buffet and decent food for lunch and supper from the a la carte menu or the buffet.
The superior rooms are well appointed and provide the added space for working in the room, as and when required.
It is not a 'luxury' or '5*' property, but a good solid local 4* with all a business traveller needs.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Safariafficionado
There are newer reviews for The Arusha Hotel

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Great hotel with a fantastic atmosphere and a beautiful garden. I feel at home and relaxed whenever I am staying there. It is an oasis and I like that the hotel arrange cultural and musical events. The gym is great and overlooks the pool. At the same time the hotel is very central. I warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We have spent one night at The Arusha Hotel after a successful Kili-climb. Never in my life was I so happy with a hot bath!!!! The hotel, its garden and the rooms are very nice and comfortable, dinner was delicious (they had an Indian night), maybe the best one can get in Tanzania, breakfast not up to expectations, but not very bad either. We also tried the coctails at Hatari Bar, much better than in Zanzibar.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel on 5 different occassions last year. I keep going back to the same hotel again and again because I simply loved its location, Rooms (The new wing is SUPERB) Infact I got a room on the First floor - Pool facing and I always preferred the same room all the time, Service is excellent. The Lobby Manager @ the Reception was extremely professional. Infact I keep calling this gentleman all the time when I book at this hotel.
Breakfast is okay. Nothing great.. Just the usual stuff. But Service in the Restaurant was Good (Except for one day). They have a Bar on the basement level which is just ok. It was not crowded and peaceful. The Chicken Makhani what I ordered for dinner at the Restaurant was simply too perfect.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed at the New Arusha Hotel on the night before climbing Kilimanjaro and on the night of my return, my wife stayed at the hotel for the duration of my climb a total of eight days.
We enjoyed our stay greatly, our excutive room was well appointed and comfortable, the restaurant, food and general facilities were of a very high standard, plus a lovely garden.
What impressed us most of all was the friendly and efficient staff, from reception to the dining room, in fact in all areas of the hotel we found the staff professional and attentive making our stay a pleasant and happy experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was my first trip to Tanzania, and I chose this hotel because it seemed secure and the staff was extremely professional on phone and via email. I stayed at the Arusha Hotel for one night on my own before meeting friends at the Arusha airfield the afternoon after my arrival. I was a little nervous about arriving and staying in Arusha on my own, but the hotel made me feel well looked after. The hotel arranged to have a taxi meet me at the airport and I felt very secure there that evening. The next day I asked the concierge if they could arrange for a taxi driver to take me around the local area so I could get a feel for the town. They secured the same taxi driver to tour me around. First we drove all around town and then walked through the market area and even through the grocery store (yes, driver thought this request odd, but I wanted to see it.) We drove on the main road and on the back roads, well "roads" might be stretching it. The room was very nice and huge, a suite actually. Comfortable and clean. Bedroom, sitting room, 2 flat panel tv's, 2 bathrooms. A nice bar/lounge off lobby. Good breakfast. It was too cool for the pool at the time, but looked lovely. Great location and great value. I would definitely suggest it for anyone looking for an Arusha hotel before departing on safari.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank newyorker020
Reviewed May 22, 2009

i spent 2 nights at the new arusha hotel. it is very nice, clean, and comfortable. good service. breakfast is good. the bathrooms are small, but they're fine. you have to make sure you ask for a room with an air conditioner b/c not all the rooms have them. the location is pretty good too.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends