We had a great Safari experience in Tanzania with Afro Wilderness!
The nature in the national parks is wonderful just by itself. Going by car and sleeping in tents is a really cool way to experience the African wilderness. We were a party of four, which was perfect for a 4x4 wheel Land Cruiser. You see a lot of animals and great nature while driving between the parks. All national parks we visited were amazing, but the Serengeti was by far the best.
Our guide, Shiraz, had great knowledge of the African animals and nature. He gave us not only a great experience in Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro, he also gave us new knowledge and interesting stories! He knows all the good locations, and listened to our requests. We saw the BIG FIVE!
The service was really good. We got picked up at Kilimanjaro airport at arrival, and driven back when our stay was over. Everything in between arrival and departure was taken cared of; hotel night before and after the Safari, meals and accommodation during the safari, and great company by the guide and the cook.
We had some problems with change of flight from Kilimanjaro to Dar es-Salaam, but even here the staff of Afro Wilderness helped us out by contacting the airway company.
- Don't forget hat/cap, a thin long-sleeved shirt and mosquito repellent. A warm sweater at night is good!
- Sunscreen (bring enough from home, difficult to find on spot!)
- Extra battery and memory card for your camera. You will take a LOT of pictures, and don't want to be without battery or memory space in your camera.
- Make sure that you can take both pictures and videos (if you are two traveling, one takes pictures and one takes video films). You never know when a lion crosses your path.
- Paper and pen to write down names of animals, people and places.
- Binoculars (you see a lot of animals at distance).
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.