“Best value for money and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shadows of Africa

Shadows of Africa
Ranked #3 of 231 Tours in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Day Safaris to Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tarangire National Park, Zanzibar Spice Tour, Bawe Island and Chumbe, Mangwapani Beach and the Slave Caves Tour, and Zanzibar by Night. Day Tours depart at 9 am. Shadows of Africa also offers tours in Kenya and Rwanda.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best value for money and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My parents and I wanted to experience the ultimate safari experience. However, we were on a budget. I researched, went to numerous companies and by far, Shadows of Africa stood out as the best option. We not only had an amazing trip, the service was outstanding, accommodation above what we ever expected to be able to afford. We will remember this trip for the rest of our lives and it has to do with the wonderful organisation, local knowledge and genuine care for clients that Shadow of Africa staff display. I would not hesitate to recommend this company over and over again. You will not regret this very important decision.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank Shaunita

Skofja Loka, Slovenia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great safari in Tanzania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

It is very good company! Everything was perfect organized, we had a great cook and driver who was very proficient so he told us a lot of interesting things and facts. We visited Lake Maynara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro (breathtaking sceneries!!!), 4 days. Great program for good price. We saw so many animals, including big five. We slept in tents and they brought all the necessary equipment, we didn't need to take anything.

In brief: very professional, reliable and organized company!

I highly recommend it!

Visited March 2013
6 Thank eSkatja
Stone Town, Tanzania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Fantastic Safari Experience in Tanzania as well as in Rwanda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I used Shadows of Africa twice already and i will keep coming back whenever i go back to African content. Been to two safaris in Tanzania and recently also went gorilla trekking with them in Rwanda. Did also some day trips in Arusha and Moshi Area.

I can only say it was great, we all had great time, speciallly in Serengeti where we saw all lions, lepoards, cheetas.

We had camping safari, car was like all cars you see driving around on safaris , toyota landcruiser with all the necessary equipment,... there was also cook with us who cooked us breakfast and dinner, tents are new, you get a soft matress and sleeping bag, but we all had our own sleeping bags. There was charging station in the car, it is possible to have even a computer with you and recharge bateries while you are doing safari. I really enjoyed it, if you want to know more you can read a blogp post i wrote recenetly after safari, more things about food and car, driver,.... I am sure you will enjoy big time.

one thing, If you go to serengti bring some warm jacket as it gets a bit chilly in the evening .
As per gorilla trekking in Rwanda with Shadows of Africa in 2013 i have to compliment the smooth organisation which resulted in probably one of the most memorable travel adventure and long awaited wish to encounter gorillas in their natural environment. I will come back.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank ninnna
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best vacation of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My fiancé and I went on this safari in early March and had an amazing experience. Even though we only had time for a 4 day safari, we saw all of the big 5 -- and their babies! -- camped in the Serengeti, had a "pet" elephant in our camp, visited an orphanage to help, and so much more. It was way more affordable than other places we were seeing, and we had our own nice jeep with AC, and a private driver and cook. They even taught us a bit of Swahili at our request. I highly recommend this company and I can't wait to bring my family here next time.

Visited March 2013