Mount Meru Hotel
$271
$53
$50
Agoda.com
All reviewsmount meruwestern style hotelbusiness hotelmodern hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetjro airportcomfortable roomsswimming poolbeautiful groundstour companystayed one nightwi filong flightnice poolan oasissafari trip
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Of all the hotels that I stayed in during my trip to Africa, this one had the best service. The rooms are beautiful and clean, the food is excellent and so is the service. The bathrooms were a bit annoying because they are seperated from the room by a semi transparent panel..... annoying for non-couples.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed in Mount Meru Hotel in 2012 for three days and my stay there was a comfotable and relaxing experience. I enjoyed their food and service. their staff where friendly and efficient. what I loved most was their clean and stylish bathrooms and bed rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family stayed at the Mt. Meru both before and after our safari in Tanzania. The rooms were clean and the accommodations modern and comfortable but the service at the hotel was seriously lacking. The front desk tried to increase our rates by $40 per night when we arrived and when questioned about it both he and the manager were extremely rude and condescending. I was later told this was likely because I was a woman, but unacceptable none the less. On both occasions, we had arranged transportation with the hotel and they were over 45 minutes late picking us up from the airport. After the first occasion, my brother-in-law was very clear about the expectation for our second transport and they were still very late requiring multiple international phone calls to straighten it out. Several others in our party were also never picked up from the airport and had to grab cabs after waiting 30 minutes (sometimes at 2 or 3 am).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drjhb
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mount Meru Hotel is a very nice property in Arusha. The bathroom was lovely, the bed was comfortable and the entire hotel was very clean and nicely maintained. Breakfast was tasty...One small problem: we arrived after 9 pm and only wanted something small to eat but relatively healthy. The dining rooms were closed, except for the coffee shop but there was live music in the hotel and it was exceptionally loud in that area and after traveling for quite some time, we were ready for some rest. We solved this problem quite nicely by ordering room service. The room service menu was reasonably priced and offered just what we needed. A wonderful night's sleep followed and so began our amazing trip to Tanzania!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had previously stayed here in 1999 before the major multi-year renovations. It reopened in 2010 I think but now its a stylish place to stay, eat or swim. Friends highly recomend the rooms and I love the cafe style food on the outdoor patio area.

Room Tip: ask for the top floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends