Mount Meru Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$72
$76
$106
$166
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmount meruwestern style hotelbusiness hotelmodern hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetjro airportcomfortable roomsswimming poolbeautiful groundstour companystayed one nightwi filong flightnice poolan oasissafari trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We are from Kansas (in the United States) and stayed here in October of 2012 for 2 nights before hiking Mt Kilimanjaro and 1 night after the hike. I was the only man in our group and I was a bit concerned about traveling with my wife and 2 other women in Africa. However, it was an amazing trip, and this hotel was a part of that. The people were very polite and spoke very good English. They have a few restaurants and bars with very good food and drinks. The amenities were very similar to good hotels in America. The rooms were good size (much large than the one we stayed at in Rome on the way back to the US) and the beds were very comfortable. Our room had a flat panel TV, free Wi-Fi internet, a room safe, and a refrigerator. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Clinton B
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Each detail was perfect. Hotel is very Modern and Style. It has it's own unforgettable face. Staff are very friendly, ready to help any minute. Rooms are spacious, with amazing view to Mount Meru. When U are opening up the window fresh mounting air penetrate to the room and it feels like SPA air procedure! We did enjoy it really. Also meal are various and delicious. We specially liked pizza near the pool. And we have enjoyed a lot by the decor of the Hotel. I wish the Hotel will be showing the same high level in the future also.

Room Tip: I think the view is better from the highest floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank moyo-africa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our safari company, Thomson, took us here for a daytime stay before our night time flight from Kilimanjaro Airport. Even though it is within the hustle and bustle of Arusha, the high rise hotel is set back from the street and surrounded by beautiful gardens. There are iron security fences surrounding the property. The interior lobby is bright white and modern as are the rooms. The rooms have high quality linens and towels and toiletries. We also ate dinner here. We were warned by the tour guide to order our food upon arrival at the hotel to assure that we would be able to eat prior to the departure time for the airport. We did this and our food was prepared at the right time. The food was well prepared. I had an avocado salad and vegetable foccacia sandwich.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darlene51
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Newer hotel, very nice and modern and clean. Staff are nice and friendly and very attentive. I teased one as they kept removing my plates and utensils so quickly after I finished. I asked for a Cosmopolitan Martini which the lad did not know. I wrote it down and he took it to the bartender who made an excellent one. It was so cute to see the server bring it to me like a big prize; with a giant smile. Very enjoyable and relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pyarem
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Mt Meru Hotel exceeded our expectations on every level. It is a modern, international style hotel set in fine gardens (with a pool) in Tanzania's principal northern city. It caters for a business and government clientele and conferences more than for the safari trade. The rooms are well-appointed and clean, if fairly small. Dinner and breakfast were both good, and good value. Service was very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends