$195
$60
Hostelworld.com
$655
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmount meruwestern style hotelbars and restaurantsbusiness hotelmodern hotelfitness centerstar hotelbuffet dinnerbusiness tripcomfortable roomsbeautiful groundstour companylong flightstayed one nightwi fian oasisafrica
Reviewed December 14, 2011

spent 4 days at the Mt Meru, which listed among the top hotels in the town. Staff were friendly, courteous and attentive. surroundings were pleasant and relaxed. rooms were spotless, tidy, spacious and rather luxuriuous actually. lunch buffet was more than adequate and reasonable price. The hotel is just outside of town tho, requiring short walk during the day or taxi in the evening after dark. Very pleasaant stay and highly recommendable

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Danny C
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is so comfortable. The rooms were spacious. The bed was enormous and so comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. The staff were helpful. The gift shop was great and I purchased a wonderful birding book there that was so useful for our trip. This was a good launching point for our trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ester94
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Me and my wife we stayed at the Mount Meru after disapointed stay in Next Paradise of Zanzibar. We could not believe how well we were treated. It was like we were the only people in the hotel. We arrived late, and the dinning room was empty. The cook and wait staff still waited for us and gladly took our order and served a great meal before they went home. The rooms were large, with AC, and a very modern bathroom. I highly recommend the Mount Meru; what a great place to spend!!.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hcarl
Reviewed November 5, 2011

i recently spent a few days in Mount Meru. upon arrival and throughout my stay i was suprised about the unfriendliness of the reception. there was an unwillingness to assist in everything, I felt uncomfortable each time I had to deal with them.Service: It took endless long to get dinner; service at breakfast, lunch and dinner, was not particularly friendly, room service forgot to fill up on sugar, creamer, etc, every day. Once I found my blanket and cushions thrown on the floor as I came back to my room at night. i had the feeling staff was not trained sufficiently nor motivated, it simply did not make me feel at home or confortable, even though its a nice Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HaitiSurfqueen
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here before and after our Serengeti Safari. At first arrival I though the hotel looked like a typical 70's cookie cutter Sheraton that had been remodeled. While that was somewhat true as a first impression, it unfolded to be a wonderful experience in terms of comfort, food and service.

Our suite was very well appointed and spacious. The only fault I would have is we found the lighting in all the rooms (we saw several) to be quite dim/dark to our standards. This is pretty much true in most of Tanzania as electrical power can sometimes be iffy, and I understand it is quite expensive to operate. So just be prepared to turn every LED/Energy saver light on, and then bring flashlights!

Common areas were very nice, always seemed bustling with mix of Safari guests and conventions and meetings. Never felt crowded.

Food buffet was quite good. A nice variety for all palettes. Lot's of Indian food focused as the main entrees, but there were others as well.

Staff was friendly, helpful and very responsive.

I would highly recommend this property as it is out of the congestion of Arusha, has nice rolling hills & Mt Meru views, and is very modern and comfortable.

As far as value for price paid - I would say met my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple