“Easy travel -- great service”

Easy Travel & Tours Ltd
Ranked #1 of 434 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Easy Travel & Tours is a family owned boutique safari company specializing in nature and cultural safaris around East Africa. Started operations in 1987 and earned a reputation for excellent customer service. Our core values are what we stand for being passion for service, doing the right way,improving people’s lives and unique adventure and experiences. Our success and rapid growth is due to our people’s dedication. We love what we do and our team strives for excellent service.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Customer service was the best quality of easy travel. Whenever possible they allowed tweaks and adjustments to our schedule to make things better for us.

Great experience with easy travel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"kilimanjaro airport"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is one amongst dozens, if not hundreds of competing companies. However, we found their service really helpful. They were good communicators so we had fast responses to all our emails and queries. When I arrived in Arusha, I found them friendly and courteous, and felt I had friends in a strange city in a strange land! Our driver, Dan, was excellent. He was punctual, well-spoken and proved to be really well-informed on all aspects of Tanzanian wildlife, geography, politics etc., and made our travels light and entertaining. We learned a lot and felt we were in a safe pair of hands. He followed all the rules well, for example stopping the vehicle to make or receive phone calls, and seemed to enjoy our company too. At no point did we feel our requests were too much or out of order. We felt genuinely sorry to say goodbye after 5 days and nights. Thank you Sayyedah for your warm, personal welcome and communications, and to Dan for making our travels genuinely interesting and companionable!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have 12-year experience of safaris with Easy Travel & Tours, and the arrangements have always proceeded very smoothly. This time our group of four Finns was met at the Kilimanjaro International Airport by our guide Emmilian N. Matay who drove us to Mount Meru Game Lodge, conveniently located close to the main road towards Arusha. It’s a cosy place with friendly service, a good starting point for a safari. Our next destination was Ngorongoro Crater, with accommodation at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge – always a good place to stay, with breath-taking views over the crater and lush forests around. After two half-day crater tours we continued to Lake Manyara Hotel from where we had two whole-day drives in Lake Manyara National Park. The garden around Lake Manyara Hotel is beautiful and provides good birding possibilities, even at the swimming pool which is worth reserving some leisure time in the afternoon. The third day was devoted to a walk in Gibbs Farm forest – welcome physical exercise for our feet between long days in the safari vehicle! Of course, Gibbs forest is also a good birding site: this time we encountered two bird species new to us (increasing our total African count to 730!). Tarangire National Park was our next target, with two nights at Tarangire Safari Lodge. The tents are a bit basic but functional, and you really feel that you are living in the middle of wild nature, hearing how hyaenas, elephants and lions are moving close by at night. The views over the Tarangire River are magnificent, and birding there is always profitable, not to forget the swimming pool. For one night we moved to Maromboi Tented Lodge close to Lake Manyara. This lodge provides very different landscape, rather open plain with zebras and gnus roaming between the tents at night. For the last two nights we were accommodated at Meru View Lodge close to the Usa River. Because of its location in a village, this lodge is rather noisy, but it is very convenient for day trips to Arusha National Park, since it is only five minutes drive from the gate. Swimming pool also offers a possibility to relax after game and birding drives.

Due to the El Ninõ rains in October-December 2012, the Crater region was greener than usual at this time of the year, but the Manyara and Tarangire areas were surprisingly dry. We have never before seen Lake Manyara so strongly diminished, and the lake was apparently not doing well, since with suitable wind direction a terrible smell was at times brought to both Lake Manyara Hotel and Maromboi Tented Lodge.

As usual on our safaris, the program was again specifically tailored to provide ample time for unhurried birding in a variety of habitats – encounters with various smaller and bigger mammals and other nature attractions then come along as an extra bonus. The safari driver/guide is of course crucial for the success of the trip, and we have been lucky to enjoy the services of Emmilian already on nine safaris. He is certainly one of the top safari guides in East Africa – a pleasant person with good sense of humour, skilled driver, and very knowledgeable not only regarding the big mammals, but also birds, other vertebrates, and plants, as well as the general ecology and culture of the area. He has an unbelievable ability to spot even small birds at a considerable distance from a moving vehicle! To our delight, during these years we have seen substantial progress in his knowledge of the LBJs (those small brown birds that all look similar at first sight…) which have been most challenging also to us.

Jokke, Maija & co from Finland

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Unbelievable nice, everything was organised very well, the most beautifull hotels and service. Serengeti was the best for me, the big 5 seen on the first day. Zanzibar is so beautifull it looks like you are in heaven. Everybody should do this kind of trips.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was on a tent safari arranged with Easy Travel in Feb 2013. My first solo trip and first visit in Africa. I have wanted to go on a safari since I was a child so my expections was high.
When I arrived at Kilimanjaro airport I was met by Hubert from Easy Travel (he also became my guide during the safari) and was taken to the hotel. Next morning I was picked up and we went to the office were a brief about the tour and safri took place. Very good information. I had the luxery of not being a part of any group, just me, my guide and my chef Elius. My guide Hubert and my chef Elius was excellent! So lucky to have them. All Huberts knowledge and Elius good food! (I gained 2 kilos during the safari) I always felt well taken cared of and had a lot of fun together with Hubert and Elius. The safari covered Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. I was very lucky and saw 4 black rhinos, 5 leopards and approx 40 (!!) lions. Was called liongirl by others last night at Ngorongoro camp site. My favourite place was Serengeti and I will defenitly go back there. I have already started to plan for this trip and will request Hubert as my guide. But this time I will bring a better camera, since mine does not have a good zoom.
Thank you so much for the best days in my life! // Johanna from Sweden