“Fabulous Food, wonderful atmosphere and a brilliant gift shop!!”
Review of The Blue Heron

The Blue Heron
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Arusha
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While in Arusha I spent many a dinner, lunch or just coffee at this establishment. I would never have gone back if I wasn't happy with any aspects of this resturant, as you can see I enjoyed myself. My only disappointment was when I couldn't find the Vege Lasagne on the menu only to be told it only comes at lunch but i found meals that more than satisfied my appetite.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was a nice restaurant for a short stopover. The pizza margarita and tomato soup were fantastic.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

great pizza wonderful setting, in the garden or under sail cloth on the porch. Make sure you understand that it is only open for LUNCH Monday through Thursday, and lunch and dinner Friday through Sunday. I read the reviews, and honestly I was extremely skeptical that one could find such good pizza in Tanzania….but there it was! I wouldn’t say it was the best pizza I ever tasted, but it was very tasty and the crustt was Philly style! We had a bottle of Porcupine Ridge Sauvginon Blanc from South Africa which was very good. There is a much more extensive menu, but my party all chose pizza and everyone agreed it was terrific... they are served personal size.There was live music on the porch (Father and son guitarist and violinist) playing local versions of many standards which added to the atmosphere. and our enjoyment I am not sure what the fuss is about in the other reviews concerning the gift ship….it was pretty ordinary though maybe somwhat thigher qualify than elsewhere but nothing to knock your socks off…

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went to test whether a prior traveler's assessment of the pizza as "the best I ever had" was accurate. The pizza was indeed very good. The Best I have ever had???? Well, I have been to a lot of pizza places in a lot of cities around the world and many make very good pizza. I CAN say it was AMONG the best I have ever had. We were treated to very nice entertainment as well with a string duet. All around a good evening and good dinner.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Blue Heron recently fed a group of 50 medical staffers who were visiting Arusha during a medical mission. The team raved about the experience! The food was delicious, the service the best we experienced in Arusha and the ambiance was wonderful. After dinner we sat around the fire pit and enjoyed our desserts and drinks. It was a lovely evening and I highly recommend it to all.