“not what I expected from other reviews”
Review of THE MILIMANI LODGE

THE MILIMANI LODGE
Ranked #19 of 111 Restaurants in Arusha
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“not what I expected from other reviews”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to Milimani Lodge having read good reviews, I really don't understand what the fuss is about, the welcome was rather cool, the restaurant was clean but empty, considering few occupied tables service was good but slow. The food (steak) was overcooked, I ordered medium rare, it came well done and the plate did not impress me at all.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AngataFmH

“Ran out of coffee and host water”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel/restaurant had great potential but a few small things really detracted from the experience. The hotel had no working Internet for the first 24 hours and ran out of both hot water and coffee even though there were only 7 guests at the hotel. The hotel is out of town (25 minute walk) but is nice. We had one dinner at the hotel which was good though the meat was over cooked. We stayed there for two nights before climbing Kili but chose to stay at the African Tulip after the climb (fabulous spot). Is a cheap spot near arusha but would likely stay elsewhere when returning.

1 Thank ryanmahaffey
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“If in Arusha....eat here!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

By far one of the best meals i had in East Africa. Lamb chops were succulent and tasty. The date samosas for desert were both original and delicious. My other halves fish was also lovely. Reasonably priced, excellent service (not rushed like most places in Africa). definitely reccommended.

• Visited December 2012
Arusha
“Excellent food”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you are looking for the best place to eat in Arusha, then you should go to Milimani Lodge. The steak is great!! I love their mashed potatoes. My wife had the grilled red snapper, and whe was very happy with her choice. The service is also excellent. We went there today for our 40th wedding anniversary, and as usual, we were not disappointed!! The owner even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine to congratulate us on our special day.

• Visited December 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Definitely Recommended”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here two separate times on the same trip and both experiences were amazing! The accommodations exceeded my expectations and I was very happy with the hospitable staff, great rooms and delicious food.

As most people mentioned, the steak here is amazing and highly recommended! Next time I'm in Arusha, I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Visited May 2012