Lake Duluti Lodge
Orbitz.com
$53
$51
Agoda.com
All reviewscoffee plantationromantic weekendhoneymooning couplehuge bathtubprivate bungalowcooked breakfastbeautiful resortwonderful dinnerstayed longerguided tourkilimanjaro airportarusha national parkrooms are lovelyfirst nightperfect place to relaxen routeswimming pool
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Lodge is very nice but be careful of less than honest front office staff.
Examples: our Arusha airport pick up vehicle was a death trap
-vehicle which we hired to take us to the Arusha National Park did not have A/C and was very old
- on Sunday evening just before dinner the office manager came and announced that there was a mistake in booking and our rate has just doubled. We did not pay but it was not a good way to spend Sunday evening arguing with the staff
-there were three couples in our in our party. On the morning of our departure the office girls were presenting the same bar bill to each couple at the same time. Of course each couple paid and got ripped off.
- in April there was a 5% charge on credit card payments on top of terrible exchange rate
Now for the good things:
Food is good to very good
Kitchen and restaurant staff is friendly, knowledgeable and caring.
Fellow in charge of the dining room is a gem.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the lodge for 3 nights at the beginning of our first ever safari. Although I knew we would have a "butler", I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. In the end it meant someone who would provide a wake-up call, someone to ensure a fantastic breakfast was ready when we requested, and also, someone to escort us to your dinner table, pick your wine, and continuously check that we were satisfied in every way during your stay. The food was gourmet, made fresh and tasted excellent. I've lived in NY and know what good food tastes like.

They arranged a day hike for us at Kilimanjaro and even a tour of Arusha at the last minute.

The new manager was friendly and always motivated to exceed what was already excellent service.

If you have a day or two in Arusha, I strongly recommend a stay here. I promised the manager that I would write this review as I believe the hospitality and level of service was top tier.

Room Tip: Our Casita was close to both the restaurant and the pool. Our first evening in Africa was spent having a glass of wine poolside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GregD D
Reviewed June 7, 2013

As the end of our safari, we were to have lunch and a "day room stay" before embarking on our overnight flight back to Amsterdam and then back to the US. There was a mix up and they did not have a room scheduled for us. Since everything was pre-paid it seemed pretty unreasonable for them to ask us for an additional $345 dollars without making a call to our travel agent to try and straighten things out. We ended up spending six hours in their lobby!

Also, our lunch was prepaid but they charged us $12.00 for water. There was never any mention that water was to be surcharged. I believe that a place of this quality should know how to handled issues and for heaven sakes do not nickel and dime people for water!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank offtheclock
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived at the lodge after 4 hours KLM flight delay for a two nights prior to my kili climb. i was welcomed but Saidi who was very polite and professional and arranged for a prompt light dinner. I was immdiately impressed by the facilities, security, and service. He checked me in and I was then accompanied to my bungalow. Great large comfortable beautiful room with all the amenities of a five star US hotel. The next morning scrumptious breakfast buffet with a view of the coffee plantation and a great selection of fresh fruits, juices, breads, coffee a eggs to order. Beautiful, safe, luscious surroundings. The services of Bonifacius, Salome, Fathyma, and Minia were genuine and first class. The manager introduced himself promptly and always made sure i was satisfied with everything. Said my goodbyes a day of total relaxation later and asked for an authentic Tanzanian dinner for my return evening. I went back after a successful climb sored and exhausted and I was welcomed with red carpet reception, smiles and a repeat of first-class service. After soaking in the tub for a couple of hours and some needed nap time, I was received at the main lodge with a chilled gin and tonic and, Yeap, you guessed it, my specially made just for me Tanzanian dinner. Execellent food and service. Left the next day for safaris and returned a couples of days later for the day and a three-peat ef excellence prior to my departure for the US.

I have travelled the world several times over but I have yet to experience what I was offered at Lake Duluti Lodge: outstanding service, availability, and quality all in one place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was I foolish or not? I invited 3 people from Arusha who I did not know, but who had connections to family ane my pharmacist to ;dinner with us the 1st and onoly night we stayed here after the 17 hour plane ride from Washington, DC. We arrived, went to our own private lodge, unpacked, and rested.

The location is excelletn because it is partway between Kilimanjaro Airport and Arusha, so when you have traveled enough you don't have to go all the way (23 more miles) into Arusha.
The room was lovely, the bathroom spectacular. I decided to have a hot bath. Mistake- tub is beautiful but slippery and not practical- but i did it and got myself out. The shower to rinse off was great. My grown daughter on the other hand, went for a massage- a good use of her relaxation time.

The staff was accomodating about the time we had invited guests. They provide a tasty full international type meal for $25 each- worth it to ask guests.

Loved seeing the coffee beans and my group of 4 was truly pleased with the coffee made from their beans. The process was described to us.

Ask when they take you into the main lodge about the wood games on the table. My daughter had played a similar game at the beach by scooping out the sand and using pebbles.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family