“We are coming back!”

and 1 more site!
Christina House
Ranked #7 of 140 Arusha B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last year my friend and I had the pleasure of staying at Christina House. The food was delicious! This trip I hope to take one of the cooking classes that are offered there on the premises. The House is a very short walk to the dala-dala (local bus) stop. Mama Christina and all of her staff are very welcoming and friendly. The double room last year was clean and comfortable. We were on the second floor, so we spent a lot of time relaxing on the second floor terrace. At that time, they were building the triple accommodation rooms. This year three of us HAD to book one for this trip!

The House is only a few minutes ride from the marketplace, and Mama Christina can connect you with Cultural Tourism Programs. My friends and I are volunteers, and Mama Christina does her best to be sure that volunteers are well taken care of.

I am looking forward to writing my review after I return from my trip a few weeks from now. Staying there makes volunteering an even better experience!

Cynthia, from the United States (We were there in May, but this site only lets you go back as far as October.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The rooms are really nice, the food is incredible, but Christina herself is not very friendly, judgemetal, and charges too much for everything. The place is boring,too far from town, and very noisy from the road. The staff that works there are great, friendly, and smiling; thankfully they made up for Christina. Just OK.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
akeri, Owner at Christina House, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

The clients who wrote this review they just came for lunch and they did not stay at Christina House, the food was excellent and in time, they were trying to pay me in Australian dollar which has low change rate . I was trying to explain to them but they appear to be difficult to understand what I was telling them. I am always very kind to my costumers ,very charming and helpful.The problem of the noise from the road has been solved by planting a lot of trees and we use earplug. The rooms at the back have no noisy so book the rooms at the back and whenever they are full I will provide earplug. I have started to put double glass to remove any noisy.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and we felt very welcome. We had a triple room and it was big, clean and the beds were comfortable. We had diner her every night, the food was very tasty. Helena is a very good cook, we loved her traditional African food. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They took care of our laundry and Christina arranged a walking guide for us. Okuli was very friendly and knowledgeable about the neighbourhood, food and agriculture. We visited a small and a big market and experienced the coffee & milk tour. The other day we walked arround Lake Duluti and saw many birds and monitor lizard. The only downsite was the very noisy road, so you have to bring some earplugs. Despite of this we would stay her again next time. Christina and Helena (and rest of staff) thanks for your hospitality and delicious food! Lena Hempel from the Netherlands. (sorry, we cannot put in pics because our camera was stolen)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we where arrived in Kilimanjaro International airport, Christina was waithing for us. She took us to her house in Arusha. The rooms where big and ok.
Food was really good!!!! Christina booked a safari trip for us, 7 days, 6 nights, wich was awesome! We really enjoyed our stayment in Christina's house!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had an amazing experience during my recent trip to TZ. Arriving several days prior to the Mt. Kili trekk, I opted to make my home base at the Christina House. Christina who is the owner assured me well before arrival that everything would be fine and not to worry about anything.From the moment I checked in to the day we said good-bye, the script could not have been written any better. I truly wanted to experience the culture of Tanzania; shopping at the markets, walking to nearby villages, coffee farm/agriculture tours, traditional TZ food (pumkin soup), Mt. Meru trekking, Arusha National Park.Christina and her staff were so helpful every step of the way.

I've realized that Christina,Helen,Rose,Okuli and Riziki is what really made it special. In life you never know where you're going to make new friends,and I'm certainly glad to have been able to share such a memorable experience. If you truly want to experience the TZ life, the Christina House is an option that should be considered..

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Neil G
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was a perfect safe place of comfort, beauty and peace to arrive to after a very long trip of air travel to Arusha. Christina (owner) is a remarkable lady. She makes you feel right at home and makes the most delicious homemade meals. This bed and breakfast is surrounded by beautiful grounds and beautiful people. It is quaint and charming. I would stay here at christina house anytime over the motels in dowtown Arusha. She has a nephew (kisali) that is a safari guide and they work together. Kisali is wonderful person and a fantastic guide that has an eye like and eagle for spotting animals during the safari. I am looking forward to my return to Arusha

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Christina House is a charming guest house with a clean room, spacious shower room, gorgeous garden, relaxing common terrace, friendly staff and delicious meal, but, more than anything else, I am very impressed with the owner, Christine. She is the ultimate fixer! We started to exchange emails two month before my visit, and she arranged us a Tanzanian home stay in a coffee plantation near Mt. Kilimanjaro for two nights, and a safari trip for three days, making our base at Christina House. The home stay she arranged was at her cousin's house, and we had a great time with the family. Then, we stayed one night at Christina House, and the staff prepared us delicious Tanzanian Chicken curry, Banana stew, Vegetable soup and spinach dish at their restaurant for dinner.
Christina arranged our safari with Accent Tour, and the driver/guide Kisali was excellent. He is such a safe driver, very knowledgeable, has super good eyesight to find animals. He finds animals, and always move the car to the best location to view them, when other safari cars are stuck in a trafic jam. We went to Trangire, Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara, and they were all different and amazing. The lodge they arranged had a great view of the outside edge of the Ngorongoro crater, and very clean spacious room with good food.
We stayed Christina House one more night after the safari. We walked around the small village behind Christina House, and met many friendly local kids. Christine drove us to Arusha airport on the following morning.
Christine made our trip so easy, reasonable, and perfect. I highly recommend to talk to her when you arrange your trip to Tanzania. She is very organized and kind.

Room Tip: We stayed in a upstairs room on the back. It was quieter and has a view of a banana field.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple