“Warrior Trails”

Warrior Trails Day Tour
Ranked #11 of 303 Tours in Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Karibu!... Welcome! to East Africa and the beautiful, friendly country of Tanzania. With years of experience, planning, and guiding customized, private safaris throughout Tanzania, we at Warrior Trails are dedicated to enriching the travel experiences of our valued guests. Beloved by clients and respected by peers, we are known around the world as the safari company that creates unforgettable safaris and lifelong memories. Whether it is witnessing the greatest wildlife migration on earth, visiting a Maasai boma, or visiting the best kept secret in the Indian Ocean, we look forward to helping you create a memorable itinerary based on our intimate knowledge of Tanzania's treasures. "Safari" is a Kiswahili word meaning journey. Over the last hundred years or more, "safari" has come to mean a journey to discover the fantastic wildlife, cultures, and scenery of East Africa. Your safari with Warrior Trails is a personal journey - a discovery trail of new places, people, and experiences to be treasured for a lifetime. We hope our website will inspire you to travel with us in one of Africa's premier travel destinations for a truly unique, and highly customized safari adventure.
Powell River, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Warrior Trails”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was fortunate that I chose to book a 10 day safari with Warrior Trails. I recently returned from this safari, during February 2014.

I met Clamian (owner) later in the safari for a visit when he welcomed me to Tanzania, and explained about his various projects to aid his community. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with him.

William (office) was my first contact person and subsequently dealt with my many email questions with courtesy and efficiency; his email replies invariably arrived within just a few hours, giving me clear and concise answers to my questions. Bookings were efficiently made and the varied accommodations he chose for me were excellent. (I found that my favourites were the tented camps). He met with me at my hotel in Arusha the evening before the start of the safari to welcome me and to explain what I could expect throughout the safari.

Frank was my guide/driver. In my opinion, Frank is a guide to wish for. From the moment I located him waiting for me at Kilimanjaro airport I was confident this safari was going to be a good experience. A pleasant-natured and friendly Maasai, knowledgeable, with sharp eyesight to seek out many wonders hidden in the vegetation, and at far distances, which I would never have seen otherwise. A confident and skillful vehicle driver both in the sometimes congested Arusha traffic, and on Serengeti's slippery and muddy trails during our one day of rain. Throughout the safari he strove to provide me with the best safari experience possible.

I could describe in glowing detail all the wonders of my safari: the animals, the scenery, the friendly people. But that would be repetitious as these are all already covered in other peoples' Trip Advisor, Warrior Trails reviews.

So I would just like to tell any interested traveler who may travel as a single person, or is in the 'seniors' age group, or who is a woman (maybe, all those three) and who may be hesitant about traveling to Tanzania and going on safari, particularly if alone: if you are in generally good health, and reasonably agile, you will be in good hands with Warrior Trails, and have a wonderful time. As a single woman traveler in my mid-70s I couldn't have wished to be better looked after and, indeed, I felt safer on this trip than I have in other world travels.

In conclusion, if my circumstances permit, I would wish to return to Tanzania for another safari; if that happens, I'll have no hesitation in contacting Claiman and his excellent staff at Warrior Trails for my bookings.

Visited February 2014

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PICK WARRIOR TRAILS!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

If you are going to Tanzania and can't decide which company to choose...just choose Warrior Trails. From the beginning they offered nothing less than excellent service. Our guide Nicholas was AMAZING! So much fun and informative. He made sure we had the best experience possible. We will never forget our safari or Nicholas. And when we go back will 100% choose warrior trails. THANK YOU!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kasey W
Seattle, Washington, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Surpassed every expectation - Greatest Experience of our lives”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I cannot imagine a more fantastic experience for our first safari. We were fortunate to have both Clamian and Jackson as our guides. Our 10 day safari was filled with awesome sightings of every manner of wildlife, truly awe inspiring scenery, and we saw all of the "Big Five" species including black rhinos trotting along in the Ngongoro! We appreciated the depth of knowledge and the delightful, good humored company of our guides -- lots of laughs along with the learning experience! We got a taste of local and Maasai culture, and visited a grammar school to learn about the challenges and determination to educate the next generation. As we had requested, we experienced a variety of lodgings which included both beautiful lodges and tented camps. The food and attentive service was excellent everywhere we went. The itinerary was customized by Cathy in Canada, and she presented various options based on our priorities. The minute we arrived at the Arusha airport and drove off with Jackson, we just knew were in good hands. By the end of the safari we felt inspired to return to Tanzania again in the future. (I need to add that our safari was in February of 2012 -- I thought I had posted a TripAdvisor review back then, but since it doesn't appear here so I decided to post this now.)

Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Warrior Trails Safari - An Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We recently returned from a 4 day safari with Warrior Trails to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Lake Manyara parks during the last week of January and had an amazing experience! I traveled with 3 other students, and together with our exceptional guide Jackson, we had the experience of a lifetime!

The top-level service and knowledge provided by Warrior Trails was clear from the second we started communicating with them through email to organize our safari. They were always quick at responding, and unlike other companies we spoke with, they really answered our questions and provided advice, as opposed to just telling us what we wanted to hear. The company was very knowledgeable in regards to where the migration would be during our visit, what parks would be feasible to do, how many days we should spend, and what the ideal lodging accommodations would be for our group. They were great at providing us a somewhat budget safari but still having the experience feel like a luxury trip.

On the safari itself, we could not have asked for more. We saw the big 5 and just about every other animal possible! We had amazing moments with lion prides, families of elephants, and our own Simba and Mufasa, among many other encounters that i would never have dreamed possible! Jackson was great at always finding animals for us and making each and every day exciting and enjoyable. In addition to just spotting the animals, he was extremely knowledgeable when it came to their behavior and interaction with each other. He also had plenty to share about the history of the area, the relationships between rangers, tour companies, poachers, and tourists, the country as a whole, and many other topics that made the safari more than just a visual experience. He really understands the environment he is in, and sharing that knowledge with us made the trip much that much better. We also loved that he wasn't just our guide during the trip, but was our friend. He had great stories to tell and we enjoyed our lunch and dinner conversations each and every day; we definitely plan to stay in touch!

I think in the end, it is really your safari guide that will make your trip that once-in-a-lifetime experience that you want it to be, and Jackson was that guide! The accommodations, vehicles, food, parks, and animals are really shared by every company, but it was Jackson that knew how to best take advantage of them and turn our experience into a personal one. I would highly recommend Jackson and Warrior Trails to anyone, and hope to return someday to relive the experience with Jackson again!

Thanks again Warrior Trails, photos coming soon!

Visited January 2014
Centerport
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazing lifetime experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just returned from a 12 day safari with Warrior Trails in Tanzania with the greatest guide, new friend and experienced naturalist Nicholaus. Convoys went to the left and Nicholaus took the road not taken straight to the rhinos.The migration was something to see and we watched 7 wildebeests give birth.Our overnight in the village of Makuyuni, the Maasi village of owner C laiman, was where we were privy to the real Africa, where the laughs, dancing, cooking,and affection were infectious. I helped teach English to 40 five year olds in their new primary school. The very special attention, experiences and knowldge of Claiman's Warrior Trails is the trip of a lifetime. We left, truly feeling we made special frieneds and can't wait to return.

Visited January 2014