“Warrior Trails Helped To Give Us The Trip of a Lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warrior Trails Day Tour

Warrior Trails Day Tour
Ranked #12 of 213 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Karibu!... Welcome! to East Africa and the beautiful, friendly country of Tanzania. With years of experience, planning, and guiding customized, private safaris throughout Tanzania, we at Warrior Trails are dedicated to enriching the travel experiences of our valued guests. Beloved by clients and respected by peers, we are known around the world as the safari company that creates unforgettable safaris and lifelong memories. Whether it is witnessing the greatest wildlife migration on earth, visiting a Maasai boma, or visiting the best kept secret in the Indian Ocean, we look forward to helping you create a memorable itinerary based on our intimate knowledge of Tanzania's treasures. "Safari" is a Kiswahili word meaning journey. Over the last hundred years or more, "safari" has come to mean a journey to discover the fantastic wildlife, cultures, and scenery of East Africa. Your safari with Warrior Trails is a personal journey - a discovery trail of new places, people, and experiences to be treasured for a lifetime. We hope our website will inspire you to travel with us in one of Africa's premier travel destinations for a truly unique, and highly customized safari adventure.
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Warrior Trails Helped To Give Us The Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I went on a 8 day safari trip the beginning of September 2013. I chose the company after much research as a wanted a locally owned company. After emails to several companies with my ideas of an itinerary I was most pleased with the response from Warrior Trails. I had email correspondence with Cathy here in Canada. She was prompt in her replies and listened to what I wanted but also made some good suggestions which I appreciated. Their price was reasonable compared to others. Actually I booked for my husband and myself when our friends expressed a desire to join us. Warrior Trails was able to accommodate them quickly and we were most appreciative of the fact that when we checked into our accommodations we were placed either right beside each other or in the tent across from each other.
Warrior Trails's gave us personal and excellent service from picking us up at the Kilimanjaro airport, as well as at the local Arusha airport and at the end to taking us back for our flight home. We spent 2 days before and after our safari at Christina's House. We met with the Warrior Trail staff including William, who booked all our arrangements and the office staff before the start of our safari. It is a smaller operation however that allows them to give a more personal touch which included at the end of our safari taking us on a little tour of Arusha and taking us out for lunch where we met with the owner's brother for feedback on our experience.
I can not say enough about Nicholaus our guide/driver. He is a warm, knowledgeable, funny, and patient man. He is experienced but still excited about showing you the animals and the Parks. He really wanted us to see as much as possible. We saw everything we even thought we wanted to see. You just had to mention something and he would make a point of looking for it and we were always successful. He was excellent at spotting animals and also encouraged us to just take time to sit and observe them which was exactly what we liked to do. His knowledge of animals, birds, and plants was exceptional. He was a good driver and was always considering our needs (as we are all in our 60's) He was so patient with us and would stop for anything we wanted to take a picture of and would wait until we were ready to go. He could also talk about other things like world issues, family, culture and had many stories to share. He made our Safari the most wonderful and unforgettable experience and it lived up to and exceeded all my expectations. I would highly recommend Warrior Trails and if you can have Nicholaus as your guide then I guarantee that you will have a wonderful experience. Thanks to everyone at Warrior Trails!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank PAB14

Baltimore, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Safari and Excellent Guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go on safari this summer. We spend weeks researching different companies, itinieraries and prices. We finally settled don Warrior Safaris because of the review and it seemed like a reasonable price. We chose a 5 day safari and spent our time becoming new best friends with our guide/driver, Nicolaus, and our cook, Emanuel (who were amazing!) and split our time in Lake Manyara (one day), Serengeti (three days), and Ngorogoro Crater (one day). Each morning and evening, Emanuel would prepare an incredible spread for breakfast and dinner and would pack us a lunch to take on the road. Over the course of the trip, we spotted 4 ½ of the Big Five: elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, and possibly a rhino. Additionally, we witnessed The Great Migration of wildebeests crossing from the Mara River from Tanzania to Kenya (considered the seventh natural Wonder of the World), the pastoral, nomadic Maasai culture native to East Africa, and enough animals to fill several zoos many times over: cheetah, giraffe, zebras, warthogs (one of my favorites), hyenas, hippos, baboons, black-faced monkeys, silverback jackals, Thompson gazelles, dik dik, impala, vultures, ostriches, kingfisher, heron, and a variety of other birds along the way. I couldn’t recommend Warrior Safaris and Nicolaus and Emaunel more. They exceeded our expectations, tailored the trip/sights/food for us, and were so engaging and knowledgeable. Thank you so much for the amazing experience!!!

1 Thank baltoartgal
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience with a truly professional company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked an 8 day safari with Warrior Trails earlier this year. The experience was flawless from start to finish, and made a life long dream something truly unforgettable.

First off - in the booking process William was extremely helpful. He was honest in providing advice, and worked hard on an itinerary that met our budget and needs. We were lucky in coming at the end of the rainy season, where the costs and crowds are lower, and meant we had a private tour as well.

As the tour approached, William did a great job keeping in contact, and was even able to react quickly when flights unexpectedly changed at the last minute. This attention to detail was a summary of the entire trip, and made us feel comfortable and taken care at all times.

Our tour guide Jimmy was truly a fantastic and lucky choice to us. He has been doing this for many years, and as a result, has a great understanding of the culture, animals and land, and does his best to patiently share all of this throughout the journey. He made the tour about us and what we wanted, managing all issues behind the scenes. I was particularly impressed with his in depth knowledge on a diverse range of topics, and his efforts to make sure we saw all that we could every day. A huge thanks to him, and I recommend asking for him by name.

All in all a great experience.

Visited April 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked a 9 day safari through Warrior Trails and absolutely have no regrets. They were prompt with responding to emails (always within 24 hours). We shopped around at many different companies and Warrior had the best price and itinerary. We were picked up from the airport and on the first day of the safari, William the manager met up with us at a coffee shop in Arusha and answered all questions. We were just mentioning that we thought it was great the company was owned by a Masai local and expressed interest in seeing a village and he quickly called his boss and set up a visit to his boss' Masai village for free since it was on the way to Lake Manyara (took about 30-45 minutes). There we never felt pressured and it did not feel like a tourist trap at all. They just showed us around their homes and spoke to us about their daily life. Nicholas was our guide and he was very knowledgeable and a very safe driver. He would talk to us about anything from the history of Tanzania, the parks, the animals, politics, his family, how he met his wife...you named it and he was more than happy to elaborate on it. We felt very comfortable with him and he was very accommodating. William and Clemens (the boss) even called us several times during the safari to make sure everything was ok. We never felt rushed and definitely have no complaints. Go with Warrior and you will be happy to do so!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WT- World class Safari company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day safari on the northern Tanzania circuit. Can't say enough good about our experience with Warrior Trails.
Started looking at tour companies over a year ago, and found Cathy at WT to be the most responsive representative of any company we contacted. WT is a small company located in Arusha, so you are not working through a large "cookie cutter" tour operator. They allowed us complete freedom with the itinerary but made helpful suggestions, and offered "good", "better", "best" options for lodging at each location to help us stay in our budget. We met with Clamian, the owner at the beginning and end of our safari, and every detail was covered. Not a single hitch at any point in the trip.
But what makes the safari is the guide, and they don't come better than Jackson. Our safety and enjoyment was his primary goal at all times and he adapted to our specific interests (including birding). With his help, my wife added over 100 species to her life list. He was even rattling off latin names of birds and plants from memory. We took things very "pole-pole" (slowly) during the trip, and that was fine with Jackson. He also gave us ample cultural opportunities stopping at markets, etc. whenever we asked. When we started, Jackson was our guide; when we ended, he was our friend.
This company knows TZ and delivers a first class experience. Regardless of size, they are second to none.
Anante sana, Warrior Trails!
Johnnycrew