“Excellent Food, Very Friendly Host”
Review of Christina House

Christina House
Ranked #19 of 128 Restaurants in Arusha
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had an excellent lunch at the Christina house. The dishes prepared were Tanzanian and my wife and I enjoyed them very much. We were taken there by our safari guide, whose mother ran a gift shop outside the hotel. At first I felt a little uncomfortable that the driver, Merce, chose the facility, but when the check came the guide had already paid for our lunch. Yes, we purchased some gift items from his mother, but it was all well and good as they were needed anyhow. Everyone, was very friendly and helpful, making me feel a bit guilty about my first suspicion.

I gave a large tip and and a donation to Christina, who help disadvantaged women complete/obtain their education. As a mater of fact Christina, gave the tip directly to one of the girls who help prepare the lunch as she was attending school to advance herself.

While we did not stay in the room, we were given a tour, and they were clean, well lite and spacious, and would suite a westerner well (which is saying a lot as places to stay in African do not usually met the same standards westerners usually desire...just saying...). I took some photos of the rooms as well, but now kick myself for not taking pictures of our meal.

Anyhow, if you make a visit to this part of Tanzania and are hungry or need a place to stay this is it!

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Only visited for lunch, but the home-cooked Tanzanian meal we received was awesome! I checked out the rooms and they looked pretty nice.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed one night before our safari, so were only there for dinner through breakfast, but was a reasonably priced clean room, with friendly service and great food.

Can definitely recommend anyone looking for a well-priced and reliable stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had dinner at Christina house in July 2012. Food and place was amazing. They will have someone pick you up. You can even stay in there bed and breakfast. We look at the rooms and they look great

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I think this is the name of the place. They hire disabled people to make different things out of recycled goods==glass, rubber, wood, metal, fibers, fabrics etc. Some of their jewelry was lovely and some was made of paper mache. enjoyable visit. Joan and Lee Porter, Pleasanton, Ca.