In Ngare Sero I had the best relaxing rest for the last 3-4 years.
We Arrived on 30th of December and achieved a fast relaxation after 18-hours trip from Moscow to Arusha (Thanks to swimming pool, wonderful massage and a plenty of highquality sparkling wine). The fresh air, proveded by a piece of jungle around th lodge, frogs's songs in the lake and perfect beds allow to have a very good sleep.
The kitchen in the lodge consists of simple, but organic an tasty dishes. Some ingredients grow in the lodge's garden. The staff is very attentive and trys to do their best.
The selebration of the New Year 2012 combined the performance of local Christian chorus and a dj set of one of the world-known Djs. The party took place in the main building, but in the distanced apartments there was quiet.
Additionally I'd like to mention the few bonuses:
1) the horses, which one can ride around the lodge (the white one with the black spots is very friendly, and the white male should be influenced with more power to move faster);
2) the boat to float the lake and to watch birds;
3) the monkeys, which can be found in the trees near the swiming pool (oh! I'm still thinking about this pool and +28C).
4) I hadn't an allergy on the home dust in the rooms. It's a rear chance!!!!
We returned to Ngare Sero after safari on 9th of January for three more days and got the same impressions. We call such a stability by the word "quality".
It was the first time for the last 3-4 years, when I did not want to go home in two weeks of having the rest (only in 2011 I had 21 flights to the places of having rest).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in lush gardens amid forest and crystal clear waters on the slopes of Mount Meru, Ngare Sero Mountain Lodge is a wonderful place to relax and simmer in the immense beauty of East Africa. The Lodge has been adapted from an early colonial farmhouse built in the early 20th century and it is one of the oldest family lodges in Arusha.It offers only 10 garden rooms, 2 main house suites and pool cottage with 2 bedrooms, and provides personal service for its residents since 1974. Here you can spend the days amid nature, watching the changing colors of the Kilimanjaro glaciers while sipping drinks on the verandah or hiking in the forest inhabited by colobus and Sykes monkeys as well as hundreds of small animal and bird species. The Lodge is located only 30 minutes away from Kilimanjaro International Airport and Arusha town center and it is a perfect base while on safari in the northern circuit Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Ngare Sero Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.