Review Highlights
Great Company!

Fair Voyage was great to work with when planning our Amboseli safari and Kilimanjaro Climb... read more

Reviewed February 15, 2020
MattB559
Raleigh, North Carolina
Knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. Helped us pick our trip.

Reviewed September 12, 2019
Nathan S
Daegu, South Korea

All reviews local operator kili climb great company day safari ethical payment budget route accommodations itinerary trip tanzania
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2019

My contact at fair voyage was responsive, talked on the phone with me and helped me choose my route and trip options.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

From the start -- perusing the website -- to the post-climb check-ins, everything with Fair Voyage was perfect! ...and that's just from my perspective as a hiker. Knowing that care is also extended to the porters and the environment is also crucial for me. I can't wait to book another trip with Fair Voyage!

Date of experience: July 2019
FairVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Fair Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Dear paiged22, thank you for your kind review. We hope to welcome you again to one of our other destination in future. Best wishes, the Fair Voyage team.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Just returned from 2 weeks in Tanzania---8 day Lemosho route for the Kili climb and four day photo sarafi in Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro. The entire trip was exceptional! From the professionalism of Fair Voyage to the people (fellow hikers, guides, porters), food, accommodations, etc. I could not be more pleased with our experience! Thank you Fair Voyage!!

Date of experience: July 2019

Dear lstacie, we are so happy you've had such a great experience! We hope to welcome you again to one of our other destination in future. Best wishes, the Fair Voyage team.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

I went on a 5-day safari to northern Tanzania in Febuary and it was a wonderful experience. Our guide and driver was very nice and was happy to answer all our questions about the animals. The accomodations are unique and comfortable, the staff was always helpful, very tasty food.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank freesteph
FairVoyage, Owner at Fair Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Great to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience! We hope to welcome you again to another destination in future.

Reviewed June 19, 2019

My friend and I had been planning to climb Kili for a few years and we finally did it in October 2018 with Fair Voyage.

When we first started our research for a tour operator, it quickly became a daunting experience - there were a lot of options out there! One thing we learned was that we should only go with operators that follow fair porter practices. This search for an ethical climb is what led us to Fair Voyage. We reached out to Fair Voyage staff and they immediately responded to us (thank you Alex!) and walked us through our options (private tour/package options with Zanzibar etc.). Over the course of a few days, we exchanged several emails to narrow down dates/route and other details. I really appreciated their responsiveness and transparency. They were clear about the budget constraints, cost breakdowns and terms & conditions for cancellation policies. The payment experience via Fair Voyage was seamless - we were able to pay online with our US credit cards without any hassle. We also had the option to pay a portion upfront (30% deposit) and the rest later. Although we didn't end up booking Safari/Zanzibar with them, in retrospect I wish we had.

Fair Voyage also connected us directly with the local tour operator company who were equally responsive and very helpful in accommodating for our needs. Before the trip, we received a full detailed itinerary with a breakdown of what to expect each day and the recommended gear list and rental options. Our climb itself was great - thanks to the team of guides and porters who took care of us like family out there.

Fair Voyage reached out to us after our climb to congratulate us! They really care about their work and ensuring their customers are happy. All in all, a great experience! You're in safe hands :)

Asante Sana Fair Voyage!