Review Highlights
8 Day Wildebeest migration trip - Amazing

We had a wonderful 8 day migration trip with Katikati Safaris. Sebastian was very helpful from the... read more

Reviewed September 7, 2019
Jothy Kumar S
Singapore, Singapore
Wonderful Safari with Katikati Tours

Reviewed June 29, 2019
ZainnabHassan
Worcester, United Kingdom

All reviews local operator animals including went smoothly wildebeest migration excellent safari arusha national park lemosho route ngorongoro crater day safari ludovic payment ibrahim crew photos summit birds climb
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2019

Ludovick is an amazing guide. He made our 5 day safari to Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Serengeti a wholesome experience and made us appreciate the good choice that Sebastian made by seconding him to us as our guide. He drove carefully on the all the time going on with great stories about Tanzania, culture, wildlife and other topical issues. He made sure that we were comfortable in the vehicle and stopping anytime we requested him to.
We were very keen on seeing the black rhino and he made sure that we did at Ngorongoro Crater. In addition we also saw lions, zebras, elephants, hyenas, flamingos, hippos, monitor lizard, birds and many others.
I appreciated the effort and care that Sebastian put in to organize a perfect safari that went without hitches from the time we started our communication with him to the time we left Tanzania.
I recommend Katikati and Ludovick for an excellent safari

Date of experience: June 2019
Sebastian_Ally, Owner at Katikati Tours and Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

Hi Zainab

I remember your expectations on a safari in Tanzania, and now I can approve what the best happy moment you had in Tanzania with Ludovick during a Safari.

Thank you so much for this powerful review and choosing Us.
We call you back in Tanzania, we are ready to share more than we have here.

Regards
Sebastian

Reviewed June 21, 2019

My friend and I booked a 7 day Northern Circuit Safari with Katikati Tours and Safaris which has turned out to be one of the best trips we have ever taken. Communication was smooth with Sebastian very patient and promptly answering our million questions. He was also flexible and allowed to make several changes in our travel schedule without any additional charges. Payment was also smooth and securely done electronically.
Sebastian prepared very well for our safari, everything run well like clockwork. The transfers were timely. We had Ludovick as our guide and he was awesome. He is very experienced and passionate about guiding and wildlife conservation. He drove extreamely well and seemed to know where to find wildlife in the parks. We saw all the big 5 and some elusive animals like the wild-dogs in Tarangire and rhinos in Ngorongoro. We are birding enthusiasts and we saw very many different birds and Ludovick could name them all correctly!
This safari was an awesome experience and we enjoyd every bit of it.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 20, 2019

My wife and I had always been fascinated by Kilimanjaro and we wanted to be the first among our friends to do Kilimanjaro, however Mary and John beat us to the chase which was a blessing in disguise because they introduced us to KatiKati Tours and Safaris who have been amazing. Preparations went smoothly as Sebastian was easy to work with and giving us great suggestions and eventually convinced us on the Lemosho route. We made our payment in 2 transfers and also got a lot of information to help our preparation. We met Ibrahim the chief guide and who has also become a close friend the day before our Trek at the airport and he did the hotel transfer. He also inspected our climbing gear after a giving us a detailed briefing of what to expect, the dos and donts…..
On Wednesday morning Ibrahim picked us from our hotel and drove us to Londorossi gate where we met the rest of the climbing crew of porters and cook. The mountain officials have a very elaborate inspection and weighing process after which our adventure up Kilimanjaro began.
Ibarahim led our taking nothing to chance. Every day was different cutting through different topography starting with mountain forest to the snow covered summit with no vegetation. This trip is longer and we had more time at the high altitude to get used to the low oxygen levels. It was very cold and windy from Baranco point all the way to the summit and I had some bouts of dizziness and nausea and I almost gave up. My husband and Ibrahim coaxed me and I somehow made it to the summit.
The Katikati Crew led by Ibrahim was very professional. Their support was very critical in getting us to the summit safely and I cannot be thankful enough. I felt that the tips guidelines are not generous enough for the effort they put and we did give each member of our crew something extra.
We hope to be back in December for a safari adventure with Sebastian’s Katikati.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

My boyfriend and I visited Tanzania with Katikati Tours and went on the Taste Of Tanzania safari that took us to Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara National Park. We saw the Big Five and a lot of other animals including a leopard in Tarangire National park which Ludovick told is that we were very luck as leopards are very rare to sight. The booking process was smooth and easy with Sebastian answering all our questions and secure payment through his account. When we arrived we met him and Ludovic waiting for us at the airport and Ludovic did an awesome job.
I highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019

Absolutely amazing experience on the Classic 7 day Northern Tanzania Safari. The company director Sebastian was very flexible with us. He allowed us include activities in our itinerary and also made the payment process easy and straightforward, he allowed us to pay by instalments.
I was very impressed by our guide Ludovic with his excellent knowledge of wildlife, culture, birds and general information about current affairs. He kept us captivated during the day whole safari answering our questions adding his own experiences thus giving us the local context.
I have been on safari before but I think Tanzania Parks are the most impressive in terms of variety and numbers of animals. There was always something interesting to see and we got the opportunity to take enough photos of the animals. We had a nice vehicle to ourselves exclusively. Katikati Tours is a fantastic local tour operator who gave us a great trip for a very good price. If you are going to Tanzania do not hesitate to contact them

Date of experience: March 2019