“Relaxing Stay and Great Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arusha
Songota Falls Lodge
Ranked #1 of 101 Arusha B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Relaxing Stay and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Owner Joyce made us feel right at home. The cabins are well-designed and comfortable. The waterfalls near the lodge make for a great hike and swim. Home cooked food was delicious. Perfect place to end or start a safari.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Songoto Falls for one night between hiking Kilimanjaro and then flying to Zanzibar. We were welcomed by the owner Joyce who went out of her way to make us comfortable and to help us with lost baggage problems we were having with the airlines. Songoto Falls is out of the way and overlooks a beautiful river valley. The huts are very comfortable and rustic. We had a great dinner ( including a cooking lesson from Joyce ) and she made sure breakfast was ready before we had to leave for the airport. The hike down to the river and to the neighboring village was quite interesting. I would highly recommend Songoto Falls when in Arusha.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Camrose, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Joyce and Co. were wonderful hosts. Peaceful and quiet. Getting to the city was a bit of a challenge. If you are there on Sunday, make sure you attend a service at the Pentecostal church just down the hill. The music will move you! Thanks Joyce and staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cochrane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

As a female traveling alone, far far away from my home, I am happy to highly recommend songota falls lodge. I felt totally safe, was welcomed every time I came through the gates, and the food! Wonderful soups, and African dishes every night. Thank you Joyce!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cochrane, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent several days with Joyce at her quaint lodge. She treated us like family and we enjoyed our stay very much. The cottages are modest simple accommodations but are well maintained and comfortable. The meals provided were excellent buffet style servings that were very tasty. Loved the breakfasts to start our days! And the best is when we met Joyce as we arrived and she gave us a cup of the best mixed juices I have ever tasted. And we got to do that four times on this trip through our travels in Tanzania that included our summit of Mount Kilimanjaro as well as many other amazing adventures courtesy of our tour operator; Boma Africa.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

What a special little oasis high in the hills around Arusha. You will enjoy a unique and truly local experience. Joyce is a wonderful cook and hostess, homemade juice when you arrive, and Raymond, her son, a great host as well. Rooms are comfortable, private, and nicest of all have hot water and real toilettes. You won't be disappointed making Songota your home base for your visit to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Tanzania for our honeymoon. I wanted to find a place to stay in Arusha because it was the closest to all the parks. I was also looking for a small and quiet place that will allow us to experience the authenticity of the surrounding and that's when I found Songota Falls lodge. We stayed here in our first and last night in Arusha before leaving for Zanzibar and it was everything that we have hoped for and better. The lodge is surrounded by nature over looking the valley, great hospitality, great food, room, quiet, and safe. It's a small lodge with only a handful of Rondavel (african-style hut). It has a unique character of african taste, something you will not experience in other fancy hotels. Joyce is the owner of the lodge and she is absolutely wonderful. She takes care of all the details herself and she is also your cook! She would always asks what we would like for breakfast and for dinner. We've stayed at so many resorts during our safaris, Joyce's cooking is #1. I love love love her dessert one night, fried bananas with custard. I could've had 10 servings of that. My luggage didn't arrived with our plane and since we are going to safari the next morning, it was unlikely that I will have my luggage on time. Joyce and my guide took care of everything for me and arranged that the luggage be picked up and delivered to wherever we were.
You can really feel that Joyce puts a lot of thought into making her guests feel special and she loves what she does. It's a really cozy place - home away from home!
I saw a post about safety, I just wanted to say, not once did we feel unsafe there. But if you have concerns, the place is gated, no unauthorized person can get in but I really don't think there is anything to worry about at all.
Songota Falls Lodge is the place to be in Arusha! Totally recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple