Meru View Lodge
$76
$106
$166
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsarusha national parksafari operatorbeautiful gardensmall poolmt kilimanjarostayed hereplace to stayhot watermerubiergartenmoshilodgetanzaniatrektreesgrounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here before and after our climb on Kilamanjaro, food was amazing in restaurant and they were great with my food alergies! The pool and grounds were welcoming after a week on the trail...wish we could of stayed longer to really enjoy! Safari from teh Lodge was so much fun, all the staff and drivers were great!! Definitly would recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff here was very friendly, food was good, rooms comfy and very clean.
The setting is nice but the neighborhood stays noisy till late and dogs fighting all night kept us awake. Good internet access at the restaurant area was a plus for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Meru View Lodge during a pre-booked tour including safari and trekking. We enjoyed the nice atmosphere and the great food. The rooms are spacious, look good and are clean. The food was excellent and abundant. I can only recommend the restaurant where we warmed up in front of the fire in the chilly evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I stayed here with my two sons, both in their twenties in December 2009. Right from the initial phone and email contacts, I could see this place was well run by positive, friendly managers - several German guys in their 30s or 40s. Since they were overbooked one night, they arranged for me to stay at a significantly more expensive place next door - but at the their lower rate. Their staff are relaxed but well trained and likable. The food was good. They let me leave my car there for three days while we climbed Mt. Meru. They didn't hem and haw about it but just agreed right away and that was that. Similarly, when my son was sick coming down from Mt. Meru, they were very kind to provide maximum support. But, the best part is the place itself (and the price). This was great value for money. We had a spacious banda with three beds. I loved the large veranda outside where you could just sit at a table and read. There is a nice, well kept small pool. What I really loved was the gardens, the distance from the other bandas and the many, many songbirds. I never heard so many different songs. Put it all together, and it is a place I would definitely return to and recommend to others. I guess I should say something about the overall location. It's about 15 minutes outside of Arusha on the Moshi side in a place called Usa River, if I am not wrong. It's ten minutes up a winding, relaxed road off the main road connecting these two cities. A further few minutes down the road and you arrive at the gate to Arusha National Park. If you are looking for a relaxed, gardened, quiet and well-managed place at excellent prices, near but outside the hub-bub of Arusha, check this one out.

• Stayed: December 2009
3  Thank Valueformoneyandmore
Reviewed December 22, 2009

We stayed here 2 nights before and 2 nights having climbed Mt Kilimanjaro + 1 night before flying to Zanzibar. The lodge has a good location between Airport/Kilimanjaro and Arusha/Safari (approx. 45mn by car each). You can even walk to the entry of the Arusha NP and you have nice views on Mt Meru. It is a simple but well run lodge, with a nice pool, restaurant and coy atmosphere. They have some bigger rooms that are very nice with a terrace and some smaller that are just for 1 night. They help you organising your tour to Kilimanjaro and gave us good tips on how to go to visit the sunday market in the town nearby, which was a fantastic experience - very friendly people! You can store your luggages here as well, while visiting other parts of the country.
It is true that it was a bit cold in the night due to the altitude , but we had our sleeping bags (because of Kili) and it was fun. Also it was great to wake up around 8h in the morning, going outside the room and standing in a quiet green garden with trees and a lot of birds singing plus the sun coming and heating up everything.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple