Review Highlights
Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Tribal/Cultural Visits, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Zanzibar....

Reviewed October 19, 2017
SonicIQS
New York City, New York
Outstanding and Memorable Trip to Tanzania!

Reviewed September 29, 2017
TravelerGirl312
New York City, New York

All reviews osa tanner knorr land zanzibar rhino accommodations trip tarangire animals safari
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2017

I recently returned from a trip to Tanzania which I booked through Off Season Adventures, and my experience was simply phenomenal. Every facet of their service was outstanding and I have already highly recommended them to my friends and family.

I first began planning my trip about 6 months ago, after signing up to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro with Alpine Ascents (another company I would highly recommend). Planning the details of a trip to Africa can be overwhelming, especially if you are like me and are a first time visitor. Unlike traveling to other places, it is really hard to get a sense of what options you have for lodging, and figuring out the itinerary in terms of what is possible and isn’t can be hard to wrap your head around (and the Internet does NOT help). This is where having the services of Off Season Adventures really turned out to be indispensable. Before enlisting their services, I had tried to contact several safari companies; many didn’t even bother to return my enquiries. Of the ones that did, most either insisted on my supplying a budget and then having them return with a plan and options, or, took a very formulaic approach where they had pre-selected hotels, destinations, number of days, etc, and offered pre-selected add-on options – neither of which accomplished the things I wanted! Tanner and Off Season Adventures were able to take the schedule I wanted, the places I wanted to visit, and customize literally every aspect of it to my desire, down to the hotels, and even arranging tours and transportation in Zanzibar, where we went after our safari. For example, in the process of planning, I decided I wanted to split our time in the Serengeti to make sure that we stayed in the Northern Serengeti for a couple days to get as close as possible to the wildebeest migration, and Tanner immediately came back with a great lodging option and a change to the itinerary that made it happen. Aside from the things that I knew I wanted, Tanner also told me about things I hadn’t even thought of doing – we were able to visit several tribes and even go hunting with one of the last hunter-gathering tribes that exist (an absolutely insane experience).

More than that, they were very responsive and answered my million questions and emailes from before booking, the days leading up to the trip, and were in touch even when we were on the trip to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

In terms of the safari, our driver Hosea was amazing. The amount of knowledge and experience he has in the parks shows through all the time, and he was able to get us in positions to see the wildlife very, very up close. In fact, it often seemed like the other visitors were jealous of us: Hosea has the eyes of a hawk and we are still amazed at how he was able to spot many things we were oblivious to until they were pointed out. When we came across a lion, cheetah, or leopard, Hosea seemed to know where to take us and the Landcruiser before the animal (and other safari vehicles) were even there!

If you are thinking about taking a trip to Tanzania – these are definitely the guys to go with. I am so glad I was able to!

Date of experience: August 2017
Tanner K, Owner at Off Season Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear SonicIQS,

What a wonderful review of our services! Our entire team is deeply humbled by your comments and we are thrilled that you had such a wonderful safari and Zanzibar excursion with us. It was truly a pleasure to customize your tour and we hope we have the opportunity to send your family, friends, and you again in the future! Asante Sana!

-Tanner Knorr, Owner & Founder, Off Season Adventures

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We used Off Season Adventures to plan our safari in Tanzania and our trip to Zanzibar. OSA was outstanding. Tanner Knorr, the owner of OSA, went beyond our expectations in ensuring that we would have an unforgettable experience. Every question and concern we had was addressed timely. He planned everything from the moment we stepped off the plane until we were leaving Zanzibar 14 days later. This was our first safari and it was absolutely amazing, thanks to Tanner and our wonderful and extremely knowledgeable safari guide, Hosea. Although Hosea told us luck was on our side when he saw rare animals, we believe the credit goes to his knowledge of the animals and the park.

Tanner genuinely cares about his clients. Along with giving useful advise, he was accessible throughout the trip (including during our layovers!), something that we believe was invaluable. He was a true pleasure to work with. Because of him and Hosea, our trip ended up being an experience like no other. Cost was comparable or better than similar length packaged tours. We would recommend OSA, and will do so, to anyone planning this type of trip.

Date of experience: August 2017
Tanner K, Owner at Off Season Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear TravelerGirl312,

We cannot tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review! We are so happy and humbled that you had an unforgettable experience with OSA. It was a pleasure to customize your trip and we hope that we will be able to create tours for many of your family and friends in the future! Asante Sana!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Off Season Adventures (OSA) and Tanner Knorr created a wonderful Tanzanian tour which filled me with an immense appreciation for this unique country. Tanner arranged every aspect of this memorable adventure for my son and me. We explored five Tanzanian parks, which Tanner recommended, including the glorious and historical Serengeti National Park. The scenes overwhelmed me with a variety of wild animals, including cheetahs, leopards, elephants, the rare rhinos and lions, to name just a few.
Our seasoned and professional guide, Hosea, was an invaluable source for locating and describing not only the plethora of animals, but also sharing his wealth of knowledge about the local culture and unique landscapes. My vacation was relaxing due to the clean and well-managed accommodations. My son and I would frequently observe colorful birds and picturesque sunrises from our room’s windows or balcony. The unique food in Tanzania was delicious and healthy, including the nourishing lunches I boxed up in the morning at each accommodation. The local people, the Maasai, were very polite, caring, and friendly. Some of the other tribes we visited lived off the land, some were farmers, and a few were tool and metal craftsmen. Tanner provided a detailed description of what we would experience during each excursion so we could choose exactly what we wanted to do during the trip.
I would highly recommend Off Season Adventures (OSA) to anyone who is eager to explore Tanzania to its fullest. This trip opened my senses and created unbelievable memories in this natural setting. I can’t wait to book another OSA tour to Tanzania!
~Larry K.

Management response:Responded September 22, 2017

Dear larrykM9898LO,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. OSA thanks you from the bottom of our hearts that you enjoyed your experience with our humble business. We hope to bring you back soon to Tanzania!

-Tanner Knorr