Review Highlights
Amazing 2 weeks with Rhymes :)

They took care of us from the beginning till the end. They were very friendly, talkative and most... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2018
163karolz
Radom, Poland
My dream - Kilimanjaro

Tanzania! On a journey of my dreams I went with my best friends, five people with a completely... read more

Reviewed October 28, 2018
lesiakbeata
Warsaw, Poland

All reviews co owner mount meru cultural trip very nice hotel budget option hakuna matata uhuru peak interesting things local village asante sana machame route these guys spent nights sleeping bag pole pole highly recommend this company wonderful trip
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We were a family of 4 wanting to climb Mount Meru during a 3 day trip. We stayed at a very nice hotel just outside the park gate, Meru Mbega Lodge. The hotel owner Ms. Marly contacted Kalulu from company Rhymes of Wilderness. In less than an hour we made arrangements for a 2 night/3 day trip to Mont Meru. All for a reasonable price (1200$ for the 4 of us all included park entry fees) compared to other companies on the internet.
Eventually remember that the accommodation is the same for everyone, the food each group was getting is likely similar and decent considering the high and remote location.

In short:
- Good organization in terms if accommodation and paperwork to enter the park.
- Kalulu is a very well educated guide.
- Respect also for the 2 carriers and for the cook who prepared each morning a great breakfast, nice lunch packages and hearty dinner for the evening.
- even though in a small group of 13, everyone was free to walk his own rhythm.

I’d recommend the company to each if you.
Mark

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed January 2, 2018

We had an amazing hiking trip to Mount Meru. We stayed there two nights and three days, but you can easily spend more time. One of the most beautiful moments of my life was standing on the summit of the Mount Meru and watching the sunrise and Mount Kilimanjaro from afar.

Kalulu was an excellent and helpful guide. Me and my friend wanted to go low cost so we carried our own stuff, and didn't have any other assistance than the guide. We had so much fun. The hiking route was mostly very easy to walk, the nature was diverse and beautiful, the views were breathtaking. The overall experience was unforgettable!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I'm 21 student from Quebec. Travelling with my parents (53y.o.), my sister, and friends
Kalulu and Franky (the 2 co-owners of Rhymes of Wilderness) were porters then cooks and guides during number of years. But after experiencing different companies and their weaknesses, they decided to create their own company few years ago to provide the best customer service for your safaris and your trekkings.
I first decided to book my safari with them, because they were so cool and young. We did 5 days - 4 nights (Tarangire, Ngorongoro, Serengeti (Seronera), Serengeti (Mara River), Serengeti (Seronera)), because we really wanted to see the gnous crossing the Mara River. However, you can ask them any itinerary you would like to do and they will really consider your demands. Really, everything was perfect : Awesome food, Good Material, Good car and tons of laughing with Franky and Kalulu.
We had so much fun in the safari that we (my sister, me and my parents 53 y.o.) decided to book for Meru with them. Kalulu was our guide and since everybody knows him in Meru, he provided us a really good Ranger ( Oswald). Kalulu is a real professional for mountain trekking, you will feel in good hands. He was always making sure everybody in the group was doing fine. He was asking us when we wanted to eat and how we were feeling. He was patient with us. We climbed with a total of 10 people (1 cook, 2 guides, 7 porters) + 1 Ranger. I think it was to many people for 4 trekkers and that was the only unperfect part of that trekking.
Since I'm a student, I looked for cheap prices for the Safari and Meru and the prices of Rhymes of Wilderness are highly competitive with the cheapest companies in town. However, none of the companies you could book for the same price would offer you the customer service and the friendship we had with these guys.
Thanks a lot Rhymes! ;)

Kalulu et Franky (les 2 propriétaires de Rhymes of Wilderness) ont été porteurs, puis cuisiner et guides pendant de nombreuses années avant de lancer leur propre compagnie il y a quelques années. Ils ont décidé d'offrir le meilleur service en ville ! Franky parle très très bien français ce qui leur permet d'offrir leurs services en anglais et en français. Ils feront de vos safaris et vos aventures en montagne une expérience inoubliable.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017

After travelling Solo to Tanzania I did a 5 day Safari on The Serengeti with Rhymes of Wilderness.
Kalulu the Co-Owner of Rhymes was already known to me as I am a frequent visitor to Tanzania doing Charity work. I knew Kalulu had vast experience in Hospitality and Tourism so had no hesitation in joining a Safari of a French Client.
From day 1 it looked like we weren't going to be disappointed on our game drives,
as within a short while of going through the gates of the Serengeti our hawk eyed experienced Guide and Driver Kalulu was extremely quick to spot a beautiful Lioness
perched on rocks. We were first on the scene of this spectacular sighting.We spent quite some time watching her move from rock to rock and got some fantastic pictures of this awesome creature. A great start to our Safari. More was to come in the following days and Rhymes didn't disappoint spotting fantastic creatures for us, at times at very close range . It was beautiful to see all these fabulous creatures in their natural habitat. Each day we were wined and dined by Rhymes with top class freshly cooked meals by Rhymes wonderful Chef Aby. Jordon the interpreter for the French client kept us entertained translating French to Swahilli and then to English. At times this brought great laughter to the group. On our way back to Arusha we visited a Maasai Village where we were entertained with song and dance . We joined them in dance much to the amusement of Rhymes Staff . We learned about the Maasai culture and saw how they live , it was an incredible experience .I would highly recommend Rhymes of Wilderness . They give top class service. They are extremely friendly and knowledgeably and most importantly the trip was great value for the price. I couldn't have been any happier with the service provided by Rhymes of Wilderness .
Phil Dunphy Ireland

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I first met Kalulu (co-owner of rhymes) while I was climbing mount meru with another company. His approach was so human and he was so friendly that I had no choice but to book my safari with him.

So I booked my 5 days 4 nights safari in Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti with Rhymes. During the safari, the food was really good, our guide had enough knowledge regarding the fauna to answer all our questions. We opt for the budget option, so we slept in campsites, which are really safe by the way. I suggest you to bring a good camera and binoculars although most of the times the animals are really close to the vehicle.

I did a 5 days safari because I was short on time, but I would have opt for a 7 or 8 days safari to enjoy the great migration on the mara river.

During the safari, we had a small issue with the car suspension, but Kalulu worked during the night to solve the problem so that we could start our Game drive the next morning.

The material we rented with rhymes was in really good condition, clean(sleeping bag) and adapted. If you want to save a little bit of money you can bring your own sleeping bags and tent, but i personally don't recommend it. The space it will take in your luggages isn't worth it.

I highly recommend this company! It's a team of young business men who are willing to offer a first quality and human service. They used to work has a mountain guides and cooks in the national parks and felt that they had to do something regarding the lack of transparency of the companies they used to work for.

It's possible to have an english or a french speaking guide!

Date of experience: September 2017