Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Review Highlights
A truly unique and once and a lifetime and experience!

Anglebert and David were our guides (there were 11 of us so we needed 2 cars and 2 guides for our... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
STanny2204
Trip of a Lifetime!

I recently had the great fortune to find two professional photographers- Russ Burden, and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ron3520army

All reviews photo safari professional photographer great images drivers knew where natural world uncanny ability spent two weeks wonderful accommodations serval cats wildebeest migration vantage point elusive animals amazing wildlife two week trip cape buffalo extensive knowledge coffee plantation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an amazing experience it was to travel with Anglebert! We saw more animals - up close - than we had ever imagined. Anglebert was accommodating in every way, catering to the children and creating a splendid family trip for us all. The trip was totally geared to our family's wishes, with Anglebert going out of his way to locate the specific birds, trees, and animals in which we had particular interest.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

How can I explain the wonders of this adventure? It was beyond expectations, which is a lot to say for someone who has seen much of Africa and it’s wildlife on 5 previous safaris. Anglebert is the most accomplished guide and photographer I have encountered. His expertise in tracking and analyzing animal behavior allows him to find the most awe inspiring scenes. Most of our sightings were by just our vehicle and no others. Anglebert does not follow the crowds like many other guides do. His radio is almost always off. Once we encounter the wildlife, Anglebert positions the vehicle to capture the best lighting and angles for the most incredible photographs. Anglebert is a man of outstanding character and respect for wildlife. He never taunts or stresses animals, but treats them with the greatest respect.

The cultural side of this adventure was encountering and mingling with with the local people. We enjoyed a day in a Masai Boma, interacting with the families, dancing,singing, carrying wood on our heads, thatching the roofs, muddling the bomas, and stringing beads. We had the experience of walking in the corral with the cattle, and seeing their blood-letting ceremony. We also visited a local school where we had time to meet the students and see their work. We sang songs to each other and connected on a personal level. Later, we visited a Masai marketplace, a private coffee plantation, and enjoyed a fabulous lunch at a local restaurant.

Our accommodations were exceptional and unique. We felt like explorers in our tented camps, and the gentry from the Colonial period in the magnificent lodges. The grounds at our last lodge were over the top!

I would love to share this experience with my grandchildren. Anglebert would be the perfect guide for a family. Perhaps, in the next year or two, we will be returning with our grandchildren for our 7th safari.

I recommend Anglebert Pantaleo for his honesty, kindness, character, problem solving, leadership skills and knowledge. You won’t go wrong with Africa Nature Photography!

Reviewed August 29, 2019

My life dream has always been to go to Africa! When you wait all of your life to see your dream trip come true, you want it to be perfect. I took my dream trip in August, accompanied by my daughter and my two grandchildren, ages 8 and 12. I had to trust my life dream and the health and safety of my family to someone I didn’t know in Africa. How thankful I am that we were lucky enough to be able to place that trust in Anglebert Pantaleo, who owns Africa Nature Photography. Our guide, David Chando, met us at the airport and for the next ten days accompanied us on the most thrilling adventure of our lives. David has so much knowledge about the animals, their behaviors and where to find them. We learned the names of so many bird species, had multiple sightings of cheetahs, serval cats, leopards, and lions in action. We watched a hyena steal meat from a lion, right in front of our eyes. We had an experience of being completely surrounded by a herd of elephants, and one of watching hippos out of the water. We had two sightings of the Great Migration and during one of them were able to film a Nile crocodile capture and eat a Wildebeest. David was careful to make sure he positioned us to get the best photographic opportunities during our safari, and most importantly he made sure that our safety was never compromised. David also taught us about the culture, the history and the tribes. He helped us find a place to shop, where we could meet and talk with local people. David began as our tour guide, but quickly became our dear friend. Anglebert texted every night to make sure everything was meeting our expectations, and he found us along the way just to make sure he personally welcomed us to Africa! Our accommodations for the entire trip were outstanding. We loved the camps the most. We could hear the Zebras grazing, the Cape Buffalo trod past, and the lions roaring outside our camp. We were greeted everyday with juice and cool towels. The food was excellent, and we loved getting to know the people at the camps. Some of those experiences include my grand kids being taught to shoot arrows by our Masai guard, having coffee, milk, and cookies delivered to us in the morning, having hot water bottles put into our bed to keep us warm, wonderful conversations with the warmest and friendliest people, and our favorite having the people at the camps sing to us every night. The people at the camps did not treat us like tourists, they treated us like family.
I can’t believe that my lifetime dream trip exceeded perfect! This trip will live far beyond my lifetime, and when my grandchildren have grandchildren, they will still be telling the stories of this amazing experience. For anyone thinking of taking a trip to Africa there is no one I would trust more with my life dreams and the safety of my family, than Anglebert Pantaleo, and Africa Nature Photography.

Reviewed August 28, 2019

I cannot imagine having a better guide company than African Nature Safari. Our trip was absolutely epic! The amazing owner and staff of ANP had every day planned to the finest detail, and yet were nimble enough to accommodate all of our changing whims. Our entire trip was incredible, not just the safari. We had a perfect balance of animal experiences, cultural experiences, and relaxing down-time. In particular, I was so thrilled by how much I learned about photography! As a beginner photographer, I went to Tanzania hoping to leave with a few good animal photos. However, the photography expertise of ANP taught me far more than I could have imagined - I literally left with hundreds of incredible photos. It's important to note that an interest in photography in not a must. The ANP safaris accommodate everyone from the happy nature watcher to the professional photographer. Truly, I found myself feeling sorry for everyone travelling with other tour companies.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank ashleybish0p
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Africa Nature Photography, Anglebert Pantaleo, planned and delivered a 20 day private safari for seven starting in Nairobi, Kenya and finishing in the vast and exquisite expanse of the Northern Serengeti in Tanzania. I cannot express the gratitude at my good fortune in being a part of this group for this ultimate, glorious exposure to a cultural and natural experience in the secure and steady hands of a Master: Anglebert Pantaleo.
There wasn’t a single question shouted from the back of the brand new Land Cruiser that went unanswered during the twice-daily Game Drives by this University educated, 18 year seasoned certified Guide/Pathfinder; his easy familiarity with the topography, the depth of knowledge of the wild life, both afoot & awing, brought us to close and intimate encounters repeatedly. Leaving behind the crowds, his road-less-travelled approach was rewarded with observing breathtaking scenes of natural behavior. We experienced FOUR Great Migration wildebeest crossings of the Mara River, a true spectacle of the natural world.
We had three serious photographers in our party, four counting Anglebert. Naturally, every vantage point we occupied was the perfect angle for the photo to be taken: I cannot praise this man, or his gifts sufficiently. My hope is that you get to experience him, and what he has to offer personally: for me and my wife, Nancy Dussault, it has been nothing short of life-changing.
The accommodations at every stop were perfect, the staffs were sweet and efficient. This trip was indeed a dream come true.