Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from $1,050.00
More Info
from $288.00
More Info
All reviews precious stone mine shaft beautiful gem informative tour loose stones short documentary small museum no pressure to buy great place to learn blue stone beautiful pieces buying something arusha coffee lodge great museum short visit shopping experience well worth the visit
Reviewed March 3, 2019

We visited the Tanzanite experience just to see how the Tanzanite is mined. We didn't buy any though... It's a good place with some really awesome curios if your'e into that :)

Date of experience: February 2019
INFO T, Guest Relations Manager at Tanzanite Experience, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Hi there,

We're pleased to hear from you, thank you for your review :)

Reviewed February 21, 2019

I was in the Palace hotel just around the corner and just had to visit. really excellent display and description of stones, l purchase some ear rings made by the Masai

Date of experience: March 2018
INFO T, Guest Relations Manager at Tanzanite Experience, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review us!

We're really glad you stopped by and were pleased with the experience :)

You are most welcome again

Reviewed February 15, 2019

After learning how this beautiful gem is mined we were able to experience the beauty of the polished stone. Purchases were made but there was no high pressure sales tactics.

Hi Carol,

It's a pleasure to hear from you!

We are so glad to know the tour helped you appreciate the beautiful tanzanite more :)

We hope your purchase will be a lifelong memento of your experience in our country

Reviewed February 4, 2019

So they have you sit through a history of Tanzanite which is more of a commercial infomercial than a serious historical exposition, then you do a tour of the "museum" in the next room where they just repeat everything that was in the movie, then the shepherd you into the sales room where two English speaking sales people are there to answer any questions and close the sale. With that said it was fine and prices seemed fine. One word of advice - what they have on display is just the tip of the iceberg of their inventory (given the modest display area and it is probably easier for people to purchase with less choices to confuse). So if you don't see anything you like or want more choices, just ask and they should be able to bring out trays with whatever you want to see.

Date of experience: January 2019
INFO T, Guest Relations Manager at Tanzanite Experience, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear you appreciated our vast variety of options.

Of course, we are a Tanzanite retailing company and have museums in a couple of our stores, and the motivation behind including a museum tour is to simultaneously allow our visitors and clients to have a chance to experience the processes of mining and cutting Tanzanite in order for us to share our appreciation of this rare gemstone with the world and also offer an opportunity for interested persons to make a purchase.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I was looking to purchase a tanzanite and diamond ring I did some research and came across the tanzanite experience. I live in South Africa and contacted them on WhatsApp and was dealing with Junaid. I showed him what I wanted and he went through it from the first step of finding my stone and then going through the design. He kept in touch with me through the making process and was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I was very nervous as I had never bought a tanzanite before and I didn’t know how good the workmanship would be, Junaid convinced me that they only sell stones of the highest quality and that the workmanship was very good and so I went ahead with them. My husband went to collect the ring from them and it is better than I could have expected ! I am so so happy with it I will now be looking to have my next piece of jewelry made ! Thank you the tanzanite experience and thank you Junaid ! I hope to be able to visit your museum soon !

Hi there,

It's a pleasure to hear from you and we are very pleased with all the positive things you have to say regarding your experience shopping with us :)

Junaid sends his regards and we look forward to welcoming you to the museum :)