“Disappointed, not what Travel Agent promised”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arusha
Olasiti Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps
Ranked #49 of 150 Specialty Lodging in Arusha
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
“Disappointed, not what Travel Agent promised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Arrived early Sat afternoon to hear raucous noise from next door (sounded like football riot). We were told it was a church service - on a Saturday? Noise did not abate the entire time we were there. Took us to rooms out the back - 2nd floor, room covered in dust, bathrooms had chipped/cracked/missing tiles, heat was unbearable but no ceiling fans, pulled back cover on bed to find dirty sheets. Went back downstairs to complain, found that Reservations don't open on Sat afternoon and Reservations had the only phones that could ring out. Had to pay porter for use of his mobile phone to organise to get out group removed to a different hotel. Other that the porter, none of the staff were helpful, property is run down, in need of refurbishment, noise from next door appalling. Avoid this hotel unless you are a back packer on the cheap.

Room Tip: Left as quickly as possible…. this may pass for 3 star in Arusha, but it is no more than basic back...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MizSuz2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The property itself is very pretty, rooms lack some basic amenities, no where to put toiletries in bathroom, no outlets in some room for hairdryer, so bring extension cord. One of the first rooms we stayed in was unacceptable, towels damp. sheets stained and pillow lumpy. Just not clean.
Second room 9, next to the church where the music goes on until 12:30pm, and starts at 6:00am. I can't begin to describe the blasting noise of the speakers facing outwards so everyone gets the benefit of their evangelical chanting and shouting. I believe the United Nations declared that the use of this technique was torture at Abu Grabe.
Food adequate, nothing special, internet slow. There are better places to stay here

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sammipants
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed in this delightful setting in December as part of a group. The staff was professional, friendly and accommodating. The pool was beautiful although nearly freezing by comparison to the tropical heat. Monkeys play next to the pool and they are wonderful to watch.

Here's the rub - there is a megachurch next door that begins broadcasting loudly through amplified speakers at six or six-thirty each morning. We could not even shout over the noise at breakfast. It only lasted about an hour and then some wonderful gospel music filled the silence. NOT the place to stay if you want to sleep past sunrise!

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit quieter on the far side of the creek.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank John M
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

A very lovely lodge in a tranquil setting, It is hard to believe that just outside the gates there are drivers careening around corners and driving like there is no tomorrow! The welcome was warm and genuine and our accommodations large, airy with a netted king sized bed. We walk down a path through Acacia trees, spotting a beautiful swimming pool on our way. We ate dinner there after the dining room was actually closed and the waiter was efficient and friendly trying to teach us some Swahili!! Food was good. We left after breakfast the next morning (the breakfast was fantastic) to head out on safari but we could have happily stayed on for another day to enjoy the pool and tranquility. By the way, Oasiti is Swahili for Acacia Trees!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Albertameev
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I were on an OAT trip to Tanzania. We arrived 2 days before our Safari trip began. I made my own reservations with Kibo Guides, the owners of Olasiti Lodge. Every thing went very smooth, they met us at Kilimanjaro Airport and drove us to Olasiti Lodge. We ate 3 meals a day at the lodge, and had reserved a day trip to Arusha National Park with Kibo Guides. The food was buffet style, so there was always plenty to eat, and it was well prepared and tasty. When examining the rooms, you must remember that you are in a third world country. Every thing was very clean, but the furnishings were spartan, the plumbing fixtures were old, and the floor was concrete with some straw mats. There is some local noise from the adjacent church, but it did not bother us. The staff more than makes up for any thing negative about Olasiti Lodge. They could not do enough for you to make your visit to their country any better. We stayed here for a total of 5 nights and also had the use of a day room on our departure date. If you are going on a safari in Tanzania I would recommend staying at Olasiti Lodge before and after your safari.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank dlevitsky
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The rooms are set among lush gardens,with a family of monkeys(virvet)that are fed by the staff and afford some great photo opps,The rooms are well maintained And are very clean and have any ammenity that is needed,THe food is very good and the staff very pleasant and helpful.The gift shop is well stocked with some really nice crafts and books.I highly enjoyed my time at the lodge.I don't think the noise level is any worse than many of the hotels in Arusha,I think it just part of the culture.I would stay there again and would advise anyone to stay there without any hesitation.I felt COMPLETELY safe.

Room Tip: Most rooms are located away from the main lodge,even the day rooms were comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank joanne v
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I traveled alone with my boys, ages 11 and 13. I woke up around 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. to loud chanting and yelling. This went on for quite a while. I was actually quite frightened. I thought there was some uprising in the city. I later learned this was the church located right next door. I wish I had been warned. I would have just tried to go back to sleep instead of being scared. The place was lovely and the food was good. The staff were quite nice. Only complaint was my terror filled hour.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy1S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arusha
The African Tulip
Planet Lodge
#3 of 41 in Arusha
Lake Duluti Serena Hotel
Ndutu Kati Kati - South Serengeti Safari Camp
Ndutu Kati Kati - South Serenget...
#9 of 112 in Serengeti National Park
Ilboru Safari Lodge
Ilboru Safari Lodge
#4 of 150 in Arusha

Been to Olasiti Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps? Share your experiences!